Ky Golf Class of 2016

After watching this group of kids grow up is it possible to say that this may be one of the best classes in KY history? The class of 2016 is incredibly talented and has produced several D1 golfers.

Allen Hamilton- St. X- University of Kentucky

Billy Basham- St. X- Eastern Kentucky University

Michale Sass- St. X- College of Charelston

Matt Liston- St. X- University of Kentucky

Jacob Cook- Franklin Co.- University of Kentucky

Tyler Lippert- Mason Co.- Eastern Kentucky University

Kyle Jeffers- North Laurel- Western Kentucky University

Ryan Gillum- Ellliot Co.- Morehead State University

Avery Edwards- McCracken Co.- Murray State University

Austin Knight- Hopkinsville- Murray State Univeristy

I do believe that there is more that will be playing at the Division 1 level but not exactly sure where it is they will be playing. The only other class that I can think of that was close to this was the class of 2011.

• 5 months later...

This upcoming class of 2017 has a very good golfer from Jackson County that has a solid game.. His name is Zach Norris and he's been playing the national junior schedule this summer. He is a UK commit and one of the favorites to win the KHSAA state title this year. I wish him all the luck in the world. Zach's from a neighboring county to mine and has played our course several times. It's nice to see a local kid do good. Just down the road from Norris is the home of Chip McDaniel of Clay County, one of UK's best.

Not to have the population of other parts of the state or the number of courses, the mountains produce some pretty good talent in golf.

This upcoming class of 2017 has a very good golfer from Jackson County that has a solid game.. His name is Zach Norris and he's been playing the national junior schedule this summer. He is a UK commit and one of the favorites to win the KHSAA state title this year. I wish him all the luck in the world. Zach's from a neighboring county to mine and has played our course several times. It's nice to see a local kid do good. Just down the road from Norris is the home of Chip McDaniel of Clay County, one of UK's best.

Not to have the population of other parts of the state or the number of courses, the mountains produce some pretty good talent in golf.

Zach is a great player and seems to be a very level-headed young man. I got to watch him play a few holes last year and although he wasn't playing up to his standards, he kept his cool and continued to grind away.