Bill Cosby to be charged with sex crime

SportsGuy41017

Bill Cosby was charged Wednesday with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home 12 years ago — the first criminal charges brought against the comedian out of the torrent of allegations that destroyed his good-guy image as America’s Dad.

The case sets the stage for perhaps the biggest Hollywood celebrity trial of the mobile-all-the-time era and could send the 78-year-old Cosby to prison in the twilight of his life and barrier-breaking career.

Prosecutors accused him of plying former Temple University employee Andrea Constand with pills and wine, then penetrating her with his fingers without her consent, while she was drifting in and out of consciousness, unable to resist or cry out.

Bill Cosby charged with sexually assaulting a woman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Cosby was charged Wednesday with drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home 12 years ago — the first criminal charges brought against the comedian out of the torrent of allegations that destroyed his good-guy image as America’s Dad.

The case sets the stage for perhaps the biggest Hollywood celebrity trial of the mobile-all-the-time era and could send the 78-year-old Cosby to prison in the twilight of his life and barrier-breaking career.

Prosecutors accused him of plying former Temple University employee Andrea Constand with pills and wine, then penetrating her with his fingers without her consent, while she was drifting in and out of consciousness, unable to resist or cry out.

Bill Cosby charged with sexually assaulting a woman

The prosecutor stated they brought these charges because of new evidence. I'm interested in finding out what that is.

The prosecutor stated they brought these charges because of new evidence. I'm interested in finding out what that is.

Yeah, me too. As much of perverted creep that Cosby is, this case may be hard to win. They did not charge him before for a reason...the prosecutor must have thought it would be tough to win. I am VERY curious what the new evidence is...

Interesting twist to this case. The D.A. prosecuting this case isn't even the D.A. yet. He ran on a campaign that he would bring charges against Cosby. He doesn't officially take office until next.

Interesting, and according to the article, statute of limitations is 12 years and they only had a few more days to file to make it.

Didn't the new DA file just days before it ran out? Someone mentioned that here perhaps it was you?

Yes. The new DA filed the charges less than a week before the deadline , before the new DA even took office officially.

Like I've said multiple times where there is smoke there is fire , so I'm sure Cosby has done something wrong to women in the past. But this specific case seems very shady to me. I want to know what the new evidence is that the new DA claims to have. The old DA didn't think there was any evidence.