Comparing Well Known 6A Programs to College Football

ATLCat

First and foremost this in jest...

6A

Male= Ohio State

One of the most respected programs on the whole landscape, their tradition is deep and lengthy. A long drought of seeing the other Blue Blood take their spot finally came to an end with a new Coach and a new energy.

Lafayette= Clemson

The talent is undeniable. Loaded with talent that will be starring at the next level, they have finally seemingly gotten over the hump and a Championship finally seems a real possibility. Will they seize the trophy in 2016 or will it just be another let down?

Trinity= Alabama

Every year you almost have to pencil them as the #1 or #2 team and most years they live up to the hype. Some new blood have left them a little off their dominant form, but they still remain the pinnacle program with a legendary coach. Speaking of that legendary Coach, much like Saban there seem to be a rumor every year of his pending departure and every year he stays in place.

St. Xavier= Notre Dame

An elite program in every sense of the word with a massive fanbase and advantages many programs cannot aspire to. With that said, a Championship seems further and further away and even with realignment and changing Conferences they just seem to always fall in the big game.Every year begins with optimism and ends with falling short of their goal.

Simon Kenton= Baylor

This new blood program had decades of bad football and has burst on the scene as one of the hot new names in recent years. An Offensive juggernaut they have mowed down lesser competition and posted gaudy win totals. This regular season success has not translated to post season Championships and they are best remembered for their losses than their wins come November, in particular blowout losses on the biggest stage.

McCracken County= Ole Miss

You know they have the Athletes, you expect big things, people predict them as the darkhorse for the title, then they struggle or even lose to their much smaller rivals. A team who can make a statement win one week and look like garbage the next. They ebat the easy teams on their schedule in emphatic fashion, but have seen themselves get romped against some of the best teams.

Dupont Manual= Georgia

You should be a Top 10 program in the entire country every single year. You have won your fair share of regular season games and are regarded as an elite athletic institute. You can potentially draw the best of the best in terms of a talent pool and your alumni have excelled at the next level. With that said your post season success is not close to where it should be and you rarely win the "Big Game" against your powerhouse rivals who collect Championship trophies.

Henry Clay= Miami

Athletes galore and many of their guys have went on to stardom at the next level. Absolutely zero post season success in recent years to reflect that and often lose to teams with much less talent.

Central Hardin= Arkansas

Easy to overlook with the big name programs around them geographically, but quietly picking up steam with a bit of Old School football vibe. Not the most talented roster, but sufficient for their system. Still a long ways from beating the Alabama, LSU's, or Ohio States's of the world...but progressing nicely.

Scott County= Michigan State

You know they are going to be very good essentially every year. Consistency is their forte and they can play with anyone that line sup against them. The problem is they are consistently the best of the second tier and usually are a few pieces short of having the horses to know off the best of the best.

blowout losses on the biggest stage? Really? A bad loss to Trinity a decade ago but you remember that instead of the undefeated seasons?

What undefeated season are you speaking of? As far as I know SK has never finished a season without a loss. When did they go 15-0 and win a Title?

Kind of my point

"This regular season success has not translated to post season Championships and they are best remembered for their losses than their wins come November, in particular blowout losses on the biggest stage."

Also:

24-0 Loss in 2014 Semi's

47-9 loss in 2012 Regional Finals

2011 you lost by like 70+ in Round 1, but that was an awful team

2010 35-14 Loss iN Regional Finals

..etc...etc

Baylor

What undefeated season are you speaking of? As far as I know SK has never finished a season without a loss. When did they go 15-0 and win a Title?

Kind of my point

"This regular season success has not translated to post season Championships and they are best remembered for their losses than their wins come November, in particular blowout losses on the biggest stage."

Also:

24-0 Loss in 2014 Semi's

47-9 loss in 2012 Regional Finals

2011 you lost by like 70+ in Round 1, but that was an awful team

2010 35-14 Loss iN Regional Finals

..etc...etc

Baylor

Let me emerge from under the bridge

here...SK fans point to a perfect regular season against mediocre at best competition as successful.

I dont see how you selected Central Hardin over Meade..Meade has 14 District Championships..8 Regional Championships..4 Semi-State Runner-ups and 2 State Runner-ups, is listed as the 49th best program in Ky overall all time and has already beaten the Alabama, LSU's, or Ohio States's of the world . Central has 2 District..1 Regional..1 State Semi. Granted they had 1 good year.

I dont see how you selected Central Hardin over Meade..Meade has 14 District Championships..8 Regional Championships..4 Semi-State Runner-ups and 2 State Runner-ups, is listed as the 49th best program in Ky overall all time and has already beaten the Alabama, LSU's, or Ohio States's of the world . Central has 2 District..1 Regional..1 State Semi. Granted they had 1 good year.

We can do Meade County

Meade County= Missouri

The little engine that could in big boy football. Frequently overmatched with talent, not the household name of the other elite powers they must compete with, and geographically in an area where the media attention is minimized. With that said, they just find ways to win big games and factor into the Championship picture, just haven't won the ultimate prize. More prone to rebuilding years than some of their counter parts, when they are good though they are very good. A solid program from top down that often flies under the radar.

I dont see how you selected Central Hardin over Meade..Meade has 14 District Championships..8 Regional Championships..4 Semi-State Runner-ups and 2 State Runner-ups' date=' is listed as the 49th best program in Ky overall all time and has already beaten the Alabama, LSU's, or Ohio States's of the world . Central has 2 District..1 Regional..1 State Semi. Granted they had 1 good year.[/quote']

Has Meade ever beaten Trinity? Not trying to be smug, I know they beat X in 2001. Just saying that since you referenced "Alabama" and they were compared to Trinity.

I don't buy the ND/X comparison. ND is a formerly dominant team that has fallen to the group just below the top. X has been part of the just below the top group for as long as I can remember (and that is a LONG time). X used to run second fiddle to Male and Manual. Then it was Flaget and Male. For a long time it was just Trinity. Now it is Trinity and Male. I can't remember a sustained stretch where X was the big dog.

I don't buy the ND/X comparison. ND is a formerly dominant team that has fallen to the group just below the top. X has been part of the just below the top group for as long as I can remember (and that is a LONG time). X used to run second fiddle to Male and Manual. Then it was Flaget and Male. For a long time it was just Trinity. Now it is Trinity and Male. I can't remember a sustained stretch where X was the big dog.

I would say '91-'99 would be their hay-day of dominance

4 State Titles and a Runner-Up

During that time Trinity only had one title and one Runner-Up. Male only had two titles.

Going to grade school in Germantown in the 90s I can tell you rhat the 90s were definitely a decade of X dominance.