12th Region Rankings 12/14/15

12th Region Rankings:

1) Mercer County (5-0) – The Titans played two road games this week vs 12th Region competition and handled both games with ease. Mercer Co. defeated Rockcastle Co. 85-51 and Casey Co. 103-66. Versus Rockcastle, Trevon Faulkner led the way with 22 points and Malik Dow added 20 points and 11 rebounds. Against Casey Co. Will Hager led all scores with 28 points, Faulkner had 25, and Dylan James added 24 points and 11 rebounds. This week the Titans start 46th District play travelling to East Jessamine Tuesday then hosting West Jessamine Friday night.

2) Southwestern (3-0) – In a great early season match-up between two 48th District rivals, the Warriors beat Wayne Co. 110-106 in double overtime. Payton Gover led the Warriors with 29 points followed by Steven Fitzgerald with 25 points. Earlier in the week the Warriors defeated 12th Region foe Casey Co. 76-64. This week Southwestern will play at Cordia then next week they travel to Pleasure Ridge Park to play in the Panther Classic.

3) Wayne County (2-2) – The Cardinals lost a tough rivalry game to Southwestern 110-106 in double overtime. Trey Blevins scored 49 points to lead the Cardinals. Corey Stearns added 25 before he left the game due to a knee injury. Stearns did not play vs Lafayette Saturday night and the Cardinals struggled in the 70-84 loss. The Cardinals play Pulaski County this week before traveling to Gatlinburg, TN to play in the Smokey Mountain Classic next week.

4) Pulaski County (2-0) – The Maroons got their season started this past week with victories over McCreary Central 69-43 and against 47th District foe Casey Co. 74-65. Football standout Riley Hall led the way for the Maroons against McCreary with 17 points. Versus Casey, Landon Powell led all scores with 36 points. This week the Maroons face Wayne Co. at home, Garrard Co. on the road, then travel to McCreary Central to play in the Arby’s/KFC Holiday Classic.

5) West Jessamine (4-2) – The Colts lost two games to out of region competition this past week. They lost to North Oldham 57-62 and Cooper 67-72. Siah Holifield scored 23 points and 8 rebounds vs Cooper. This week the Colts will face Lincoln Co. at home before traveling to Mercer Co. to open district play.

6) Boyle County (4-0) – The Rebels have started the season undefeated with wins this week over East Jessamine 57-38 and Knox Central 61-56. Colton Elkins had 16 points and 12 rebounds in the win over East Jessamine. Boyle stays at home this week hosting North Hardin on Tuesday and Johnson Central Saturday.

7) Casey County (2-4) – The Rebels played in a plethora of games this past week but came up short in all four games losing to Southwestern 64-76, Mercer Co. 66-103, Pulaski Co. 65-74, and Knox Central 73-99. The kids only have a short time in the hot tub before they host Somerset Tuesday night. They will get a chance to recover the rest of the week before travelling to Gatlinburg, TN for next week’s Smokey Mountain Christmas Classic.

8) Danville (2-1) – The Admirals lost their season opener to West Jessamine 67-72, but won the next two beating McCreary Central 84-55 and Spencer Co. 68-49. Danville travels to Anderson Co. Tuesday night but returns home Thursday night to face Lexington Christian.

9) Lincoln County (3-2) – The Patriots went 1-1 this week, while playing on the road, losing to Wayne Co. 51-82 but beating Bourbon Co. 54-48. They continue their road game stretch this week by travelling to West Jessamine and Corbin.

10) Garrard County (3-3) – The Golden Lions beat Jackson Co. 76-52 before losing to Madison Southern 53-76 and Christian Academy-Louisville 49-61. This week they play at Powell Co., play Pulaski Co. at home then host the Elleman Contracting Garrard Holiday Classic starting this weekend.

11) Rockcastle County (3-3) – The Rockets lost to Mercer Co. 51-85 earlier this week but beat district foe Somerset 84-78. They lost to Barbourville 72-95 this past Saturday. They will host Estill Co. Tuesday night before going to Adair Co. and the McDonald’s Hoop It Up Classic.

12) Somerset (2-2) – The Jumpers went 1-1 this week beating Glasgow 86-65 but lost in their 47th District opener to Rockcastle Co. 78-84. The Jumpers travel to Casey Co. Tuesday night before returning home to host McCreary Central Thursday night. They will then play in the Elleman Contracting Garrard Holiday Classic starting this weekend.

13) East Jessamine (2-5) – The Jaguars played four games this week beating Estill Co. 59-57 but losing to Boyle Co. 38-57, Ryle 60-71, and Beechwood 55-76. They host Mercer Co. before going to the Kentucky Bank Challenge in Rowan Co.

14) McCreary Central (1-4) – The raiders lost both games at home this past week losing to Pulaski co. 43-69 and Danville 55-84. They play Burgin and Somerset on the road this week before hosting the Arby’s/KFC Holiday Classic.

15) Burgin (3-2) – The Bulldogs lost to Model 49-69 and beat Robertson Co. 63-57. They play McCreary Central, Sayre, and Heritage Christian this week.

16) Kentucky School f/t/ Deaf (2-5) – The Colonels lost to Berea 24-55 and Ohio School f/t Deaf 20-23. They beat St Rita School f/t Deaf 53-20 and Western Pennsylvania School f/t Deaf 43-33. They play Walden and St. Rita School f/t Deaf this week.

I think Lincoln is a little underrated right now or underranked

Do you feel they should be ahead of Casey and/or Danville?

Any news on the Stearns injury? Wayne had tough luck with him last yr. I hated to hear of his injury, hopefully he's back soon.

Anxious to see how Mercer County plays against West Jess. Mercer should win but more so interested in the margin.

Pulaski will not be at full strength for awhile but them winning at Casey being shorthanded was a great district win and should give them a boost of confidence.

Remains to be seen. I think Garrard County and Danville are underrated.

I was surprised at the margin that Garrard County lost to Mad Southern. We will get a better idea come this week when a lot of teams play against 12th region opponents.

I was surprised at the margin that Garrard County lost to Mad Southern. We will get a better idea come this week when a lot of teams play against 12th region opponents.

Very true. Madison Southern has lost to some pretty decent teams but that margin of their win against Garrard County is surprising.

The top 10 are perfect IMO. Not saying 11 and beyond aren't, I'm just not too familiar with most of those teams.

As far as Lincoln being better than thought, I guess it depends on what you expected. They'll be tough because they're very well coached, but I don't expect too much from them this year.

Nice job!

Very true. Madison Southern has lost to some pretty decent teams but that margin of their win against Garrard County is surprising.

Garrard isn't very deep. Their top seven players are pretty solid, but they only play those seven players consistently (look to be trying to work another couple in) and foul trouble can then be a problem. It hurt them against Southern, and it also hurt them over the weekend against CAL when they were tied at halftime but had a couple kids foul out midway through the second half.

I think Boyle county is ahead of West Jessamine and right there with Pulaski, all are very close in my opinion.

When Pulaski is at full strength, they should be a solid 4th. I see West Jessamine at 5th and Boyle 6th, but I think that could easily change.