Coaching Salaries

RockinGa

How are the coaching salaries in Kentucky? I think things are starting to get out of hand down here. Not that I'm complaining since I am one :). Here's an article talking about Rush and how much he makes compared to others in the state of Georgia. The highest paid coach is at Buford and he'll make $174,000 this year.

Propst is 2nd highest-paid coach in Ga. - Local News - The Moultrie Observer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The actual stipends themselves? I'd be highly shocked if the average in KY is over $8,000 (for a HC). For coordinators? I'd say 4-5K average. Position coaches? 2-3K.

Thing is, many of them (HC stipends) have been that for the last 20-30 years with no (or little) increase.

No coach in KY makes over 80,000 without an admin position.

This.

I don't know of any in the state who are Principal's, and also the head coach. But, I know there are several who are Assistant Principal (HS or MS), Athletic Director, DPP (Central Office position), Guidance Counselor, Transportation Director (C.O. Position), etc., for those wondering.

Is that paid by school? Or does that include booster contributions?

School. That's $80,000 with everything factored in (admin job and being the HC). The HC part of it? Back to my original statement; the average for that across the state is probably at $8,000 (and, that's a high end guess).

School. That's $80,000 with everything factored in (admin job and being the HC). The HC part of it? Back to my original statement; the average for that across the state is probably at $8,000 (and, that's a high end guess).

It' looks like Simpson at Buford gets a stipend around $80,000 a year.

Is that what teachers top out at even with advanced degrees?

Just teaching, with 27 years and a Rank 1 (or 2nd Masters)? MAYBE in Jefferson County and a couple others, but I don't think it's that high off the top of my head. I'd say it's right at 70K, maybe a tad over in JeffCo, though.

I'd say that average across the state with 27 and that high of a degree is somewhere around 60K +/- a couple grand.

It' looks like Simpson at Buford gets a stipend around $80,000 a year.

The Green and Gold machine.

I've yet to see their facilities in person, but don't they have a couple practice fields that are Turf? Still hold the Football U camps there in the summer?

Just teaching, with 27 years and a Rank 1 (or 2nd Masters)? MAYBE in Jefferson County and a couple others, but I don't think it's that high off the top of my head. I'd say it's over 70K in JeffCo, though.

I'd say that average across the state with 27 and that high of a degree is somewhere around 60K +/- a couple grand.

Dang, I think the article said the average teaching salary is 57K in Georgia.

The Green and Gold machine.

I've yet to see their facilities in person, but don't they have a couple practice fields that are Turf? Still hold the Football U camps there in the summer?

They have the game field and three practice fields with turf. Here's a link to their facilities. It's ridiculous how nice everything is.

Buford High School Football

Dang, I think the article said the average teaching salary is 57K in Georgia.

When you factor averaging in teachers in their first year vs. 27, No graduate degree vs. Rank 1 and everything in between; I'd say that's comparable to Kentucky...in the 50's at least.

Wow............minus the seating capacity of the stadium, there are literally many a Division 1 programs out there that don't have anything like that.

What's crazy is the head coach went 0-10 his first year at another school and then came home to Buford and has numerous state championships. It's a city school so they'll take anyone out of their district as long as they pay a tuition.