Morgan Hentz

paloalto

Out here in California I heard about Morgan's play in the semi-final match. Wish I could have seen it. As a Stanford fan I look forward to four years of watching Morgan play in the Pac-12. The Stanford fans on college volleyball message boards are saying they are more excited about seeing Hentz play next year than the other incoming freshmen, two of which are the 2016 #2 and #3 recruits in the nation.

Here is my reason for posting. There were some comments that Morgan will be getting knee surgery and plans to red shirt her first year at Stanford. I consider this a rumor. Can anyone confirm or refute Morgan red shirting the first college year to recover from surgery.

If you'd have watched the streaming video of her in the State Semi-Finals you wouldn't ask that. She put on a show that had the announcers spewing praises even when NDA lost the point and eventually the match. LOL But seriously, I have no idea and hadn't heard that. I know she injured a shoulder a few years ago. That's it. She is worth being excited about, and I'm glad to hear that Cardinal fans are looking forward to her arrival. She is a great kid. First Class person in anyone's book.

I'm almost positive that's false. Everything I've seen and heard is that she is excited and ready to go at Stanford.

Plus she played for TEAM USA leading up to the start of the HS season, and since returning hasn't missed a beat. I can't imagine there's any truth to the rumor and it was probably started by a Penn St. fan. lol

Stanford is getting a fine player and individual as well. To be honest, I never cheered for her and my team usually came out on top in contests with NDA, but I can also say she was the best opponent you could ask for. Gracious in both victory and defeat--something you can't say about all players at her level. Stanford will be happy to have her.

• 2 years later...