Who wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Greenwood
    • Warren Central

Series Overall: Warren Central leads 19-3

Series at Warren Central: Warren Central leads 9-1

I almost started talking about this in another thread, but didn't want to threadjack that one.

This is a game that matters greatly to Warren Central if they desire to try to dig out of the #4 seed in their district. They are already locked into a road game, but this could make the difference between a winnable start and one in which they'll be the decided underdog. Coming into the year and after the scrimmage, it was probably thought this would be a Dragon win, but Greenwood has been dominant this year, outside of two games against the #1 teams in their respective classes, South Warren and Bowling Green. Even against Bowling Green, Greenwood showed what they are capable of, in dominating time of possession and playing Bowling Green to a 14-14 standstill in the first half, before the dam broke in the second. Other than better scores in the losses to Bowling Green and South Warren, there isn't a common opponent this year that Greenwood hasn't fared better against. Greenwood blew the doors off of Warren East while Central struggled, and they knocked off Franklin-Simpson by two scores while the Dragons lost by 5. Greenwood hast lost six straight in the series and seven straight at Warren Central, having not won at Joe Hood field since 1995. This seems like a great year for them to break that streak. I've gone back and forth on it all year, and I do think it is probably going to be a Gator victory, but I've thought that before (2009) and been wrong. What are your thoughts?

Dragonfire, I think your boys won't quite have enough Friday against Gators. I'm actually rooting for them!

Although this is a thread about Friday night, do you see any way Dragons can improve next year? Seems pretty dim. Hoping they can recover!

Uhhhhh, yeah, it is really hard to envision that. It's not a commentary on anything other than a total lack of bodies. They'd need a heck of an effort to get people into the program from the halls that are not currently there. I don't even know if there are people to bring in. Rosters aren't gospel, but their online roster lists 17 seniors, 11 juniors, and 7 sophomores. Those are microscopic numbers. Add to that that they have a large amount of their starters in the current senior class, and it looks grim.

I just feel Greenwood is playing very well right now and although I stand by my quote of Warren Central being the best 3 and 6 team in the state, I just don't see them pulling it out on Friday. But I've been wrong before.

Which would set up a pretty interesting matchup in Hopkinsville against the Tigers that I know many on here like WCentral's chances.

First things first, good game on Friday night!