Austin Crawford recruitment (Bracken County - 2017)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for the kid but does Bracken have other players to show off his talents? Feel Hinson will do wonderful things but it will take people buying into his system.

In the old days that may have been a valid concern. AAU , though, is now where he is being scouted to see how he does against other talented players.

According to Coach Hinson, Air Force will be at Bracken County High School tomorrow morning to work out the junior guard.

I do not think you intended to indicate that the Air Force Coach was going to work out Austin, but it sort of reads like that to me. College Coaches stop in gyms at this time to "watch" work outs that the kids are having with their high school coaching staffs. For the most part HS coaches do a good job on those days to insure the player being watched is put in a position to showcase their skills.

I have heard of stories when a college coach stops by and the HS staff never even rolls a ball out on the floor because they had conditioning planned for that practice. But for the most part these are typically set up to go good.

• 6 months later...