Adair County (3-0) vs Metcalfe County (0-3) Predictions

ACfan4

Who wins  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Adair County
    • Metcalfe County

Clock will be running probably in the first half. This schedule is terrible except E-town and a decent Casey Co. Trust me I love Adair but they need to work at getting better not standing on the sidelines watching jv play...Another running clock will be 3 straight!!! And guys please don't take my comments as I'm not happy winning but just always wanted and expected more from this group of kids..All of the wise football guys out there know you have to play good teams to be ready for playoffs. And running clocks speak for themselves..

I am also not of fan of cupcake scheduling but when you schedule some teams you have no idea they will be down or up for two years of contract. Monroe has fallen victim to this in the past and tried to schedule up this year only to have those teams be down.

I am also not a fan of letting the jV play. That's what we all have jV games and freshman games for. Let the senior starters and the rest play the game they have earned to play in practice. It is only good conditioning for later in the seasoning. Just my two cents....

Your spot on the seniors have worked their butts off and in this case have earned everthing they got so far they deserve to play at least first and probably second series of the forth quarter and also you made a great point I never really thought about it helping with conditioning but grateful point of view.

Ask Coach Griff at green what happens when you leave starters in against a team you're blowing out. Leaving starters in during a blow out is only asking for cheap shots and angry opposing players with an opportunity to end a season for any kid on the field. The schedule is what it is, you can't expect teams to schedule up, just as tsyoung mentioned, and then be stuck with a 3-7 record because they guessed wrong. You play the teams you are supposed to play and with the extra room on your schedule, play some local games that the kids will enjoy and be fired up for. Taylor ended up being an iffy team so far this season but week 0 they were a totally healthy, quality opponent, and with better coaching they could make an impact in their district. You are right, Elizabethtown is the decider for Adair and Casey is always tough for the Indians. Here is an interesting question, who should adair play that they are not playing? Green perhaps? who else?

Edited by Blowitup
language

Blows my mind.

Am I missing something, or is Columbia, KY the football mecca of the world and birth place of Bear Bryant?

One year of 9-3, and now unhappy because of their schedule because it's too easy?

Know why I love their schedule? It's local teams, which is how it should be. This is very much the same schedule Adair County had in the days of 0-10, 1-9, 4-6 at best which wasn't that long ago. Why not enjoy the fun of returning the favors? Outside of their district games, they are playing border rivals (Metcalfe, Taylor, Russell, Casey). Russell County isn't two years removed from winning over 30 ballgames in three years.

As for Caverna? If Alabama can play the UT-Chattanooga's of the world, if Ole Miss can play UT-Martin...then Adair County HS should he able to play Caverna.

Their district is what it is, and that's for everybody....you can't pick those schools.

With that said, Edmonson County went 10-0 in 2011, LaRue County had a playoff win in 2012, E-town....enough said right now and Hart County might have the best team they have had in years.

I get wanting more. I do. It's human nature, but nobody has any control over when their school or opponents go through cycles.

I just don't get it to be honest. Enjoy the fun ride in a place that has been a laughing stock for the vast majority of their years.

2 years from now these same teams might be back to beating you again. You don't drop them so they won't take you back when your'e down and you don't run up the score playing starters so they won't take you back or run up the score on you. Adair is a county school who will go through cycles even with a great coach like Gay. The last 40 years has been a down cylce before him in case you missed it.

For a school of its size and a program of its nature, Adair County has a solid schedule.

As far as leaving starters in -- like someone else said, the JV players already have JV games and the freshmen have already played in freshman games, if not JV games too -- there is something to be said about leaving them in. NOT exactly to run up the score, but you do need to test their stamina. Because against teams like E'town and in the playoffs, those starters will be needed in the third and fourth quarters. And how do you know they'll react and deliver if you never play them in the third and fourth quarter?

It is a very complex situation. I do like Harry's idea of playing local games that are significant to the players and fanbase. But on the other hand, scheduling is important. If you load up on cupcakes, you can get lazy. Granted it is hard to know who will be up and down in specific years, but you need to try to schedule at least a few significant games every year. One thing I do like about the way KHSAA sets up the playoffs in that only district games count. That does encourage scheduling a tougher schedule as it will not impact playoff seeding. The benefits are significant. Chances are it will be a four quarter game come November. If your starters and their backups are battle tested during the year, then conditioning does not become an issue when they have to play the whole game. While I think it is a bad idea to leave the starters in when the game is out of hand, I wholeheartedly agree that the JV kids need some varsity snaps. They are your future. A lot of programs have a very limited JV/Frosh program. Those kids will be counted on in the future. That can be the difference between reloading and rebuilding. Week 0 is a good example for this. Remember that it was 13-6 halfway through the 4th against Taylor. That game went further in getting the boys ready for November than the week 1 or 2 games.

It is complex.

Many times I've seen a team with a good record get waxed by a team with a lesser record because they loaded up on cupcakes and were more concerned about saving gas money or decent gates (by playing area rivals) than getting embarrassed or learning from their mistakes by stepping out of their comfort zones and playing someone who might actually challenge them.

That being said, if you historically struggle against mediocre teams, there isn't much to entice you to step up and play the big boys.

Look at Central Hardin.

Some -- not all, mind you -- fans of the Bruins would rather have last year, when the Bruins ran the table in the regular season, only to get thumped by battle-tested Meade in the rematch.

Central Hardin already lost, so the repeat undefeated regular season is gone. And although I DON'T think it will happen, there is a concern Central Hardin loses its next three games -- granted those three games are against BG, South Warren and John Hardin (three times a lot of teams would go 0-3 against).

Personally, I rather see the Bruins be battle tested and make a run in the playoffs than go 10-0 or 9-1 and flame out against a team they had already beaten.

E'town is in the same boat, sort of. Beat North Hardin and Adair and the 10-0 season is almost a given based on the rest of the schedule. But how well will the schedule prepare them for Caldwell, Tilghman, Boyle, Louisville Central, etc.?