4A #4 Franklin County at 5A Woodford County

DragonFire

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Franklin County
    • Woodford County

The offense didn't fly quite as high for the Flyers in their win last week over Western Hills 20-7, but Franklin County is 2-0 nonetheless. They'll travel up in class to take on 1-1 Woodford County, fresh off a 28 point win over West Jessamine. Flyers versus Yellow Jackets, who takes this aerial battle?

Woodford threw 5 passes against west jessamine so i doubt it will be an aerial battle. More like ground and pound from Woodford. Looked like the horses from franlin might have some loose shoes when they played western hills.

The Flyers has to prove if they can handle Wooodford up front. Woodford has one of the Biggest line i have seen in High School. But with that being said. I am still going with The Flyers. To much Speed. Looking forward to seeing this game Friday.

During the Western Hills game I thought there was some questionable play calling on offense multiple times the flyers attempted to run while WH had the box loaded. When you have weapons like Kennedy, Hurst, Rodriguez, Vance, you have to be able to get on the outside and let the horses run..

The defense I don't believe will be the weak link this year I do believe the question will be "Can the offense put up points without turnovers consistently?"

Its going to be a warm night Friday and that will take allot out of both teams. I think your right about FC has to put points up and the big challenge is to slow down those big lineman from being successful with their power running game. This is a classic case of speed vs. size! This should be a interesting game to watch.

As an outside observer, I have to say I think Franklin will win this game. Having seen Woodford twice in the preseason, they seem to have a problem keeping their emotions in check. If Woodford gets down on points their nasty side of emotions are liable to show their face. I expect this to be a rough game.