Who wins?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Series History: First Meeting

Series at McCracken County: First Meeting

The nice thing about two 0-1 teams playing is that someone is going to put Week 1 behind them and come out feeling better. The bad thing is that the other team is going to find themselves looking into the abyss. For the Dragons this is the start of a four game odyssey as they hope and pray that their homefield will be finished with construction by late September. Both teams lost to ranked opponents in the Week 1 (McCracken County fell 21-7 at home to Paducah while Owensboro knocked off Warren Central 29-7 at WKU) - who ends up happier this week?

I came away very impressed with the direction of Warren Central. The 29-7 score vs Owensboro is misleading, because the game was only 16-7 going into the 4th. I didn't see McCracken's game vs Tilghman, but I think many outside folks didn't expect to see Tilghman come out with a 2 TD win. If Warren Central can get good offensive and defensive line play this week, I really like the Dragons to get the W. WC has many good, quality athletes out there and I look for some of those guys to make some plays this week. WC will also have to key on Zaire Hughes, and make sure he doesn't go crazy.

Warren Central 21

McCracken County 14

I like Warren Central in this game even though they have to drive 4 hours to play it. If they can get the lead early, I think the Mustangs may not have what it takes to come back after getting beat on their home field last week. Double/triple cover Hughes and hurry the qb and the Dragons should be ok. I like Chance Shanklin to be the next Jesse Dunigan (Paducah Tilghman's QB) who ran all over the Mustangs last week.

I can't see McCracken playing any worse on offense than they did against Tilghman. There is just too much talent there. The Mustangs defense was actually pretty decent against PT, they were just on the field too long.

I'll say the Mustangs regain their mojo, make the right adjustments this week and win 31-14.

If Cash Jones doesn't start the game off any better than he did against PT then hopefully WC won't have a chance to double or triple team Zyaire......hopefully he will be taking snaps. I believe the coaching staff put him at wide out not only because he will be playing there at UK....but in hopes that Jones could deliver, but he is useless at WR if we can't get him the ball. I feel more comfortable with him at QB where he has a chance to break one on every play. If the mustangs coaching staff makes the proper adjustments I'll take MC 35-21

The dragons have some good athletes and a speedy defense. The question is do they have the depth to hang for the entire game and can they cut off bad penalties and snapping issues. I think this will be a nip and tuck game, with WC hanging around the entire time. I wouldn't be shocked if either team won, but since it's at McCracken:

McCracken wins 21-20

Anxious to see how this one turns out, I'm not sure if McCraken is as good as the last couple years but if they are I could see this being a helluva game. I'm gonna say this one is a barn burner - gimme McCraken by 7.

Sorry DragonFire - as you can see I made the switch over. I'm hoping I like it, looking forward to some good discussion.

Anxious to see how this one turns out, I'm not sure if McCraken is as good as the last couple years but if they are I could see this being a helluva game. I'm gonna say this one is a barn burner - gimme McCraken by 7.

Sorry DragonFire - as you can see I made the switch over. I'm hoping I like it, looking forward to some good discussion.

Welcome! Good to have you here! But of course, I hope you're wrong on this one...

Coming into the season, this was one I had down as a likely loss, but I'm unsure really what to think at the moment. Both teams seemed like they had a lot of work to do offensively after the first game. There was a lot I was pleased with from the Central perspective, whereas it seems like most McCracken people are totally disgusted with what they got from Paducah. My great fear is that Central would have been a lot better off to have gotten McCracken right out of the gate rather than after Paducah exposed some flaws. The Mustangs are too talented to fall flat forever, and it is at home. Right now I think the game ends up being a single score in either direction, but I don't really know who to pick. I just hope that Central looks much better offensively this time than they did last week.

I'm curious as to how big McCracken County is on the lines. That was a big part of where Owensboro put the hurt on Warren Central - they just couldn't move the big bodies enough.