Final Call For Officer Sonny Kim

Clyde

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the layout yesterday afternoon. There were thousands of people there just during the couple hours I was there. Police Departments from all across the region. People from all different backgrounds. The layout was very well put together, it was very impressive what Cinci PD had put together.

RIP Officer Kim.

When I heard the bagpipers play Goinj Home, that for me. I love that song, but bagpipes, wow, very moving

Is there a link where the bagpipe part of the ceremony is available? I've watched different parts where it was very briefly heard, but not the whole thing. Thanks.

Talking to a friend last night. She said that she took her kids to the funeral procession route.

Why didn't I think of doing that? We had nothing important going on yesterday. It's the least we could have done for someone like Officer Kim.

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Officer Kim's final moments were caught on dash cam from another officer's car. The Cincinnati Enquirer is trying to get that film released as they say it's their duty and responsibility to show that footage. Personally, I am totally against the release of this video. The man responsible for Officer Kim's death is dead. There will be no trial. There is no reason I can think of for the public to view this film and it would be devastating to Officer Kim's family, including his children to see their father lying wounded and dying in the street. I will continue to pray for all families involved.

Editorial: Why we?re asking for Sonny Kim dash-cam video

I can see the family not wanting the video released, but it needs to be available fort those who want to see it. I hate to say that, but there was no big outcry about releasing video with the UC officer when he killed that guy. If the videos can be released of a non officer being killed, then video should be released when an officer is killed. The family has a choice to watch the video or not, no one will force them to watch it.