Top NKY players?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best three in the area would be Sherrard (NDA - if not injuried again, their best kid and most creative), Schurr (NDA, very athletic and could change the game on the flanks for them) and Zoeller (SK - transfer from Sacred Heart who was 2 time Gatorade POY finalist and first team all state and west POY finalist), then Poe would be a close 4th.

i had heard a few weeks back that NDA also is loosing the Greenwell girl again due to another MCL injury this spring club season. If true, I hope it doesn't affect her offer from UC given it's her second one. Also, means NDA will now have their 2 top returning players out for season.

i had heard a few weeks back that NDA also is loosing the Greenwell girl again due to another MCL injury this spring club season. If true, I hope it doesn't affect her offer from UC given it's her second one. Also, means NDA will now have their 2 top returning players out for season.

The cause of this is too much soccer IMO. Kids need to play at least one other sport so that they are not using the same muscles over and over and over again. This is becoming all too common a scene for girls soccer. My daughter went from being a very good high school and club player to being a shadow of herself by the time she was done playing due to injuries. Started with a hip/lower back injury, to an avulsion fracture of the pelvis, to a severely sprained ankle and finally to an avulsion fracture of the knee and torn MCL.

Vandergriff (NDA) also has an MCL injury. Will be out til Regionals in June. I'm sure she should be 100% by time hs gets rolling. Some girls are unable to play a second sport as JOAT stated due to club obligations. I believe injuries happen and are just a freak occurrence. Most injuries are below the waist where soccer players are the strongest. Just happens and is unfortunate.