Religious Controversy at Danville High School Event

Wireman

This one has stirred up a lot of debate around Boyle County...

http://www.wickedblog.com/2015/05/17/danville-high-school-trades-christian-prayer-for-islamic-chants-and-praise-of-allah-at-baccalaureate/

Keep in mind that the link is a blog post...BUT there have been several similar accounts on Facebook. A lot of controversy and debate on social media.

Thoughts?

Were any of you there?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem with the Islamic Chanting, it is a prayer although if you're going to have a prayer you might as well go with one the most people can identify with. Don't understand the purpose of the professor and the bible. Seems like an unusual topic for a graduation ceremony.

It was at their Baccalaureate last night. The valedictorian recited their prayer in Arabic. Christian prayers were said throughout the evening.

No big deal but by all means don't let that stop the intolerance.

Who is being intolerant here?

Wait for it........

Facebook is off the hook right now. I'm so disappointed in my community right now.

Facebook is what inspired me to start this thread. It's a heated topic on my Facebook today.

This one has stirred up a lot of debate around Boyle County...

http://www.wickedblog.com/2015/05/17/danville-high-school-trades-christian-prayer-for-islamic-chants-and-praise-of-allah-at-baccalaureate/

Keep in mind that the link is a blog post...BUT there have been several similar accounts on Facebook. A lot of controversy and debate on social media.

Thoughts?

Were any of you there?

My first comment is that blog writer is quite dramatic. "What has happened to my schoo/town?"

Please.