Sydney Foster – Boone Co.

Samantha Perkins – Simon Kenton

Courtney Garrett – Dixie Heights

Macy Krohman – Simon Kenton

Kaitlyn Buechel – Dixie Heights

Jessica Walsh – Campbell Co.

Honorable Mention

Ryley Grau Shelby Wright – Boone Co.

Danielle Orick Sara Terhaar Jessica Verst – Campbell Co.

Kayla Ellis – Conner

Alex Dummit Peyton Fields Colleen Hume – Cooper

Allana Matteson Hailey Nicholas – Cooper

Madison Ingle – Dixie Heights

Katelyn Baker Rylee Stephenson – Notre Dame

Kenady Carson Mackenzie Irons – Ryle

Courtney Cheesman Merrin Kelly Nina Stevens – Scott

Hannah Perry Haley Perry Hayley Reynolds – Simon Kenton

NKSCA All-Division II Team

2015 NKSCA Division II

Player of the Year: Shelby Graybill - Highlands

1st Team

Haley Meyers – Newport Catholic

Kristen Schreiber – Newport Catholic

Gabby Stewart – St. Henry

Brennah Dutcher – Highlands

Alehia Tucker – Holy Cross

Amanda Lloyd – Bishop Brossart

Jordan Gentry – Lloyd

Whitney Quillen – Highlands

Bailey Spencer – Highlands

2nd Team

Katlyn Hoeh – Newport

Loren Zimmerman – Newport Catholic

Karlie Shackelford – Bishop Brossart

Jessie Roark – St. Henry

Casey Kohls – Newport Catholic

Jordan Kramer – St. Henry

Hannah Wheat – Beechwood

Kylie Orr – Newport

Kamari Graham – Holmes

Honorable Mention

Casey Grant – Beechwood

Jordyn Boesch Amanda Graus Riley Orth – Bishop Brossart

Haley Coffey – Highlands

Katlin Ashcraft Taylor Brashear Katie Cooper Seyonna Graham – Holmes

Madaline Hyde Natalie Sparling Courtney Turner Kaitlin Turner – Holy Cross

Rachel Crawford Kirsten Huff Savannah Musk Samantha Sexton – Lloyd

Emily Atkins Morgan Barnes Caralyne Wallace – Newport

Michaela Ware – Newport Catholic

Molly Dietz Carlie Roark – St. Henry

NKSCA All-Division III Team

2015 NKSCA Division III

Player of the Year: Brooke Meier – Villa Madonna

1st Team

Grace Workman – Dayton

Felicia Watts – Dayton

Dayne Merkley – Calvary Christian

Kira Ross – Bellevue

Anna Wagner – Villa Madonna

Maddie Mullins – Heritage Academy

Jayna Crawford – Ludlow

Alexa Meier – Villa Madonna

Kendall Trent – Ludlow

2nd Team

Hayley Mullins – Heritage Academy

Emma Donelan – Dayton

Samantha Scott – Dayton

Kilee Donelan – Dayton

Karyn Zwick – Ludlow

Charissa Junker – Villa Madonna

Rachel Zalla – Covington Latin

Olivia Palasek – Calvary Christian

Sierra Berkemeier – Heritage Academy

Honorable Mention

Amelia Beatch Linzie Murphy Grace Randolph Jordan Smith – Bellevue

Bree Fain Kathryn Grinstead Laura Leichter – Calvary Christian

Melissa Becker Kennedy McGuire Abby McQueen Angela Warning – Covington Latin

Jordan Goodpaster Haley Turner – Ludlow

Kylee Newman – Villa Madonna

I know there will be questions about timing of this banquet and will question why we have this before the season is complete......easy answer.

The Softball season doesn't end until all schools are out for the summer. With many girls playing summer ball, going on vacation, jobs, etc...It would be impossible to get as many together as we had tonight, so it is necessary that we do this before District Tournament play begins. We totally understand some girls will have a great statistical final 3 weeks of the season that could possibly have them nominated, or even give them higher voting point totals. However, in order to have all these young ladies recognized and presented their awards among their peers, it has to be done at this time of the season.

Voting is conducted in the following manner.

1. Coaches can nominate up to 5 players from their team.

2. Nominations and stats, via SidStats, the stat tracking service from the Cincinnati Enquirer provided to EVERY head coach is sent in.

3. Stats of nominated players and voting ballot is sent to each coach for voting. Coaches from Division I only vote for players in Division I, the same goes for Divisions II & III. Coaches CANNOT vote for players on their own teams.

4. voting is done by a points system, 19 thru 1. 19 for the player they think is the top player, 18 for 2nd best, and so on. Player with the highest pt. total is POY, 2nd highest thru 10th highest are 1st team members, & 11 thru 19 are 2nd Team members. All others are Honorable Mention.

5. All voting ballots are sent to the Association President & two Vice-Presidents for tabulation and verification.

I hope this explains the process and clears up any confusion folks might have.

This is probably a dumb question, but remember I'm not the smartest:) Are the divisions according to school size and if so, what's the number of students that have to go there to qualify the school for that particular division?

They follow the NKAC Guidelines in some cases teams play up in Division. Size wise for instance Bishop Brossart is really Division III but chooses to play up in all sports.

You learn something every day, thanks BigGreenHorse.

All the girls are well deserving adn not taking nothing away from anyone but Michaela Ware only getting honorable mention doesn't seem right she and I am guessing is leading or at least in the top 5 in steals and has a very good average with not many errors. I have seen all the teams and she is as good or better than the shortstops in the 9th, just saying.

I said it earlier in the year that I'd build any team around Ware as SS. I guess it depends on her stats at the time of the submissions and voting. I had heard her offensive numbers (i.e. avg) was down, but that's just what i had been hearing. She almost single handedly beat us later in the year. As Lawnboy mentioned, softball awards/voting has to be done so early in the season that maybe the voting results were based on the players' stats (for this season) instead of the overall value/impact that a player has on a game/team (or past years accomplishments). I'd still build a team around her in softball, basketball, and soccer. And if she played lacrosse I'd take her on my team too.

I said it earlier in the year that I'd build any team around Ware as SS. I guess it depends on her stats at the time of the submissions and voting. I had heard her offensive numbers (i.e. avg) was down, but that's just what i had been hearing. She almost single handedly beat us later in the year. As Lawnboy mentioned, softball awards/voting has to be done so early in the season that maybe the voting results were based on the players' stats (for this season) instead of the overall value/impact that a player has on a game/team (or past years accomplishments). I'd still build a team around her in softball, basketball, and soccer. And if she played lacrosse I'd take her on my team too.

Voting concluded May 10th, with stats to games ending May 3rd.

While overall value to the team/impact on the game should have some consideration, last years accomplishments should mean ABSOLUTELY ZERO!!!! Haley Coffey had a stellar 2014, but has only played in less than 10 games in 2015, this is the reason I think she was only Honorable Mention this year. Everyone knows the kind of player she is, but you can't hand out awards based on previous season performance.

IMO, Ware and Coffey are better than Honorable Mention players, but it's not up to me to decide that.

Edited by Lawnboy13

Voting concluded May 10th, with stats to games ending May 3rd.

While overall value to the team/impact on the game should have some consideration, last years accomplishments should mean ABSOLUTELY ZERO!!!! Haley Coffey had a stellar 2014, but has only played in less than 10 games in 2015, this is the reason I think she was only Honorable Mention this year. Everyone knows the kind of player she is, but you can't hand out awards based on previous season performance.

IMO, Ware and Coffey are better than Honorable Mention players, but it's not up to me to decide that.

100% true...

Doubt anyone was surprised about Coffey. Other than maybe surprised she even made honorable mention. By the May 3rd date she played in just 3 games, and just 9 by time the voting ended on the 10th.

Walsh 2nd Team???????????? Orick and Terhaar Honorable Mention???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Come On Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you propose they replace on 1st team or even 2nd team for the honorable mention