Why does Robert Kraft get a free pass?

Robert Kraft came out very strong against the NFL and it's accusations that the footballs were tampered with and demanded a public apology from the NFL if the footballs were found not to be tampered with. He was very strong in his remarks shortly after the AFCCG.

Now that wrongdoing was found, he has yet to apologize to the NFL but he is continuing his bully statements and calling the investigation a farce etc.

Why does Robert Kraft get a free pass in the publics eye? His organization has been known for cheating scandals all through his tenure, yet he continues to go unscathed.

He's been fined $1M and lost 2 draft picks....I don't think he has been given a pass.

I will say I think this incident is going to be the final straw that finally does Goodell in. Kraft is the most powerful man in football. He was strongly in Goodell's corner. That's no longer the case. I predict within the next 2-3 seasons, Goodell will be gone.

They have a history of pushing the rules to the limit and even past the limit, that mind set comes from the to top for it to be as wide spread as it is.

I think all of his bluster before the SB was to ensure there was no quick investigation and no one would have to sit out the SB.

He's been fined $1M and lost 2 draft picks....I don't think he has been given a pass.

I will say I think this incident is going to be the final straw that finally does Goodell in. Kraft is the most powerful man in football. He was strongly in Goodell's corner. That's no longer the case. I predict within the next 2-3 seasons, Goodell will be gone.

You do realize he is going to make money off this don't you? He was fined $1 mill but because of the 4 game suspension he won't be paying Brady, he actually is making $800 Grand, plus the money he saves in not having to pay a 1st round draft pick next year and the 4th rounder the year after. Just the money Kraft is making off of his fine is enough to set me up for life, and my kids.

Or, it could weaken Kraft in the eyes of other owners and make Roger even stronger. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Or, it could weaken Kraft in the eyes of other owners and make Roger even stronger. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Kraft has one advantage that Goodell and the other owners don't. He has the players and the union. Kraft saved the league when we had the strike. If Kraft wants Goodell out, it's simply a matter of when, not if.

Kraft has one advantage that Goodell and the other owners don't. He has the players and the union. Kraft saved the league when we had the strike. If Kraft wants Goodell out, it's simply a matter of when, not if.
And they have zero votes, he's gotta convince the other owners to get rid of Roger...not the players (who always hate whoever the Commish is)

Robert Kraft came out very strong against the NFL and it's accusations that the footballs were tampered with and demanded a public apology from the NFL if the footballs were found not to be tampered with. He was very strong in his remarks shortly after the AFCCG.

Now that wrongdoing was found, he has yet to apologize to the NFL but he is continuing his bully statements and calling the investigation a farce etc.

Why does Robert Kraft get a free pass in the publics eye? His organization has been known for cheating scandals all through his tenure, yet he continues to go unscathed.

So you want Kraft to come out and apologize for saying if there is no wrongdoing - which there was - you owe us an apology?

So you want Kraft to come out and apologize for saying if there is no wrongdoing - which there was - you owe us an apology?

He was pretty harsh on the NFL's accusations about the footballs being manipulated. He said he would demand an apology if no wrongdoing was found. Now that wrongdoing was found through the investigation then he should practice what he preached and acknowledge that the Patriots did manipulate the footballs and apologize for doing so instead of continuing denying any wrongdoing.

Kraft is supporting his guys, which if I was a player, I'd be thrilled with. He can only go by what his guys tell him, as there is no smoking gun in this case.

Let's be real here though. He's not getting off easy. The fine is large....forget that he's "saving money" by not paying Brady for 4 games. This hurts his brand, and losing draft picks, especially a high one hurts. You can't tell me he and the Pat's are better off saving a few bucks because they are not paying a draft pick....draft picks, especially high ones, are very important.