TPP Fast track vote - McConnel/Obama vs Reid

Senate sets first vote on fast-track trade bill Tuesday | Reuters

The U.S. Senate will begin debate next week on legislation granting President Barack Obama "fast-track" negotiating authority key to completing a sweeping Pacific trade pact, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday.

McConnell, the chamber's top Republican, set a procedural vote for Tuesday that will provide an initial test of the Senate's support for the Trade Promotion Authority legislation that many of Obama's fellow Democrats oppose.

Also...

President Obama, Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell, TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership, Partnership, "Fast-Track", Trade, Trade Bill

McConnell is reportedly backing the legislation, which will give Obama trade negotiation authority and ultimately help Obama pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), reports Bloomberg Politics.

Is this the bill where Obama claims Elizabeth Warren is wrong?

Yep and now Sherrod Brown and NOW is claiming that Obama is a sexist for his comments saying Warren is wrong. I had to laugh at some libs calling the ultimate lib a sexist...

• 1 month later...

From what I am hearing, I would vote no. Essentially, the bill ties our future on multiple fronts (economic, environmental, immigration, etc) to how other countries dictate. Why give up our sovereignty?..Sid note, it was related to the EEC bill. While it may seem silly, England had to ban fox hunting, part of their culture and history, because of the items in the treaty. When you don't know what is in the bill, why vote for it? Finally, if the jackwagon is for it, I am against it.