Anyone

Have enough Patriotic and Civic pride to Work the Polls this year ? Or are you content to sit back and let other people do it ? This will be my 11th year working . :up:

They pay you for this right? A lot of people are patriotic if the money is good :)

I think in this area there have been times where there was a waiting list for people willing to work the polls. Most workers here are retired sorts that have the free time to work a two days a year job.

Thanks for working the polls, seriously it is a part of the process and willing workers are needed.

I've seen people beat their chest about lots of things , but never working the polls . Not that it isn't a noble gesture but I'd skip the bragging about it . I pay 6-10K a MONTH in biz tax's to our local , state and fed govt .... that's pretty helpful I suppose .

And do you get free food too?

$150 isn't bad for a day of work, which most of the time you are sitting.

No free food and yes we have to attend election school before each election weather primary or general . If you don't attend the class you don't work the polls .

When I retire I can see myself working the election polls.

Same here. Until then, though, I don't really see it happening. Have have next to no vacation days as it is, and as glad as I am that there are people to work the polls, I'm just not willing to burn vacation time to do it.