Adam Wainwright out for season

LRCW

^Whether you like it or not, it's coming.

The days of different sets of rules for the AL & NL are fast approaching an end.

And thats fine, pitchers shouldnt be batting in this day and age. Still I liked watching the AL pitchers try batting in the World Series.

But his injury could just as well happened while jogging to the mound from the dugout.

Beyond the huge blow this is to the Cards... I feel for Wainwright. Just a stand-up guy who wants to be on the field and win. I remember when he got his contract, during the press conference, he looked DeWitt and Mo in the eyes and said "I'll make you proud of this contract, thank you for the opportunity."

While he dealing with shoulder stiffness now, we will eventually see what Marco Gonzalez is all about. He really should of beat Carlos Martinez out for the 5th starter. Pitched big innings out of the pen last year in the playoffs and I like his composure. Also have Jaime Garcia if he can get healthy.

As for Cardinals fans who are ready to pay the kings ransom for Hammels, not so fast. Mo (during his interviews) is as calm and cool as JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis. When asked if they will go to the trade market now to fill void he said "that's not what we do."

Assuming Gonzalez's shoulder issue is minor, he should be the replacement in the rotation. And while I don't expect Cy Young numbers from him, hopefully he will make us miss Waino a lot less. He can be that good.

^Whether you like it or not, it's coming.

The days of different sets of rules for the AL & NL are fast approaching an end.

Especially with the dropoff in offense. Like it or not the causal fan doesn't like watching 1-0, 2-1 pitcher's duels. They want to see offense. With the way team's stack their bullpens with power arms, defensive shifts and no PEDs something will be done to improve offense. DH in both leagues is a great way to start.