6 Baltimore Officers Suspended Over Death of Prisoner

Clyde

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what the facts of this case will turn out to be...as we have learned over and over facts in stories like this are often either incorrect or sensationalized in the first reports.

My question would be, if he was OK when he went in and no officers were in there with him...what are they thinking happened?

I wonder what the facts of this case will turn out to be...as we have learned over and over facts in stories like this are often either incorrect or sensationalized in the first reports.

My question would be, if he was OK when he went in and no officers were in there with him...what are they thinking happened?

The video I saw made me wonder if he was injured prior to going in. His legs were not functioning when they were taking him to the vehicle.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/20/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death/

Why was he chased and arrested? It said that he was arrested after a Lt. made eye contact with him and he ran. How is that a crime? It also said that he did not resist and gave up when confronted with a taser. Do they think he snapped his own neck?

The video says an Officer noticed a knife on him and he was arrested on a weapons charge.

I don't know the answer, but is carrying a knife really a crime?

Maryland does have laws regarding carrying knives but I think some are legal. Not sure. Also not sure if the officer even knew there was a knife until he caught the guy.

My GUESS is the guy was hurt before they put him in the vehicle.

Maryland does have laws regarding carrying knives but I think some are legal. Not sure. Also not sure if the officer even knew there was a knife until he caught the guy.

My GUESS is the guy was hurt before they put him in the vehicle.

From the article it sounds like the knife was concealed, so they wouldn't have known about it until after they apprehended him.

I'm thinking your guess is probably accurate. Maybe one of the officers didn't appreciate he made them chase him? I don't know, but his neck definitely didn't snap itself.

I don't know the answer, but is carrying a knife really a crime?

Depends on the knife. I think the article said the knife he had was a switch blade.

Also, research Terry v Ohio. Depending on where he was and what he was doing, wearing etc they only need reasonable suspicion to stop and talk/pat him down.

From the article it sounds like the knife was concealed, so they wouldn't have known about it until after they apprehended him.

I'm thinking your guess is probably accurate. Maybe one of the officers didn't appreciate he made them chase him? I don't know, but his neck definitely didn't snap itself.

Seems like I read the officer could see the clip on his pocket or something.

Seems like I read the officer could see the clip on his pocket or something.

According to the police report that I read he fled when he noticed the officers. The knife was not noted until after they had stopped him.

According to a police charging document obtained by the WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team on Monday, officers arrested Gray on a west Baltimore street because he "fled unprovoked upon noting police presence in the neighborhood.""The officers made eye contact, he ran, and the officers pursued," Batts said.

Officers chased Gray down the street and caught him.

"The officer then noticed a knife clipped to the inside of his pants pocket. The defendant was arrested without force or incident," according to the charging document.

"We know that having a knife is not necessarily a crime, it is not necessarily probable cause to chase someone," Rawlings-Blake said.

According to the police report that I read he fled when he noticed the officers. The knife was not noted until after they had stopped him.

According to a police charging document obtained by the WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team on Monday, officers arrested Gray on a west Baltimore street because he "fled unprovoked upon noting police presence in the neighborhood.""The officers made eye contact, he ran, and the officers pursued," Batts said.

Officers chased Gray down the street and caught him.

"The officer then noticed a knife clipped to the inside of his pants pocket. The defendant was arrested without force or incident," according to the charging document.

"We know that having a knife is not necessarily a crime, it is not necessarily probable cause to chase someone," Rawlings-Blake said.

The mayor's quote might be true, having a knife might not be probable cause to chase someone...but they don't need probable cause, they need reasonable suspicion.