AAU Weekend Review 4/17-4/19

Not many teams (that I know of) were in action.

TBC Elite 17u won a tournament that was mixed 16u/17u called the Dick's Sporting Goods something or other.

Kentucky Thunder 15u played a tournament in Ohio but that's all I know.

Please help me out by adding any results you know of.

Next weekend will be another big one with Nike, Adidas and Under Armour all back in action during the certified period for NCAA coaches. There is also a big event at KBA and the Battle of the Best in Lexington.

Does the Battle of the Best in Lexington have brackets listed? I see where they may be in the coming days and I don't even see anything listed for past events.

I don't know if they're posted yet or not. I do know there are a lot of really good 17u teams coming from across the country.

Hotels rooms and gym space in Lexington must be at a premium this weekend. You have the 2nd session of the Nike EYBL 17U being held at KBA with 40 of the best teams across the country. Then you have the affiliated Racing to the Rim that although not a Nike event is a NCAA live event that KBA has organized at many gyms in the Lexington area. Plus you have the aforementioned Battle of the Best which is a 3rd event in Lexington that also is NCAA certified. All 3 should have some good teams as I know the Racing to the Rim has some really good non-Nike affiliated grassroots teams participating and Coach Q indicates the Battle of the Best does also.

Hotels rooms and gym space in Lexington must be at a premium this weekend. You have the 2nd session of the Nike EYBL 17U being held at KBA with 40 of the best teams across the country. Then you have the affiliated Racing to the Rim that although not a Nike event is a NCAA live event that KBA has organized at many gyms in the Lexington area. Plus you have the aforementioned Battle of the Best which is a 3rd event in Lexington that also is NCAA certified. All 3 should have some good teams as I know the Racing to the Rim has some really good non-Nike affiliated grassroots teams participating and Coach Q indicates the Battle of the Best does also.

Even though I'm only about an hr from Lex in NKY...I guess it pays to have a brother in law that lives in Lex this week end to stay with.