Andrew Harrison needs to apologize for his comments

Hellbird

This entire season the UK PR machine continued to push out stories about how this team was full of great kids. How nice they were, what a great bunch of outstanding young men who represent everything the University and their basketball program stood for.

Then came last night. Andrew Harrison, in one second of "in the heat of the moment" while sitting at the podium for the post game press conference blurts out under his breath but loud enough to be heard over the microphone what he really thinks about Kaminsky. Classless. I don't care if it was in the heat of the moment or not. You get your frustrations out in the lockerroom before you come out to talk in front of millions of people.

Andrew in my opinion needs to come out today and publicly apologize. I'm not bashing him because I hate UK. I'm one of the biggest fans you will run across. I have an area of my basement dedicated soley to UK basketball. I even bought tickets to the championship game on Monday just in case they made it there. So it isn't a rant coming from a UK hater, it's a rant coming from a huge fan who was embarrassed by Andrew's comments and feel it is something that he needs to be held responsible for.

Listen, there are enough UK haters out there that will use any little bit of ammunition they can find to try and tear down the program. We don't need one of our own players in a split second doing it for them.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to get mad about this but I cant... The kid lost one of the biggest games of his life, sometimes stuff like this happens. Glad to see he apologized

That is why you get that stuff out in the lockeroom, behind closed doors, not in front of millions of people.

No excuse. I'm glad he apologized already and he should learn that you must be held accountable for your actions.

That is why you get that stuff out in the lockeroom, behind closed doors, not in front of millions of people.

No excuse. I'm glad he apologized already and he should learn that you must be held accountable for your actions.

He had a thought slip out and a hot mic caught it. It's not like he meant to say that

Funny how Octavious Ellis is labeled a "thug" for his forearm to Hammonds chin/neck in the Purdue game yet some believe Harrison should get a pass for comments made "in the heat of the moment." I don't care how mad you are, you don't say what he said out loud and get a "pass."

And one fan (John Anthony) said Lyles "brushed" Gasser's face when it was a clear open hand slap. Ellis got tossed for his actions but Lyles gets away with a clear action that warranted a flagrant and possible ejection. :lol2:

Glad Hellbird has the right perception on these things.

And for the record, I was rooting for UK last night because of my wife and her family.

Funny how Octavious Ellis is labeled a "thug" for his forearm to Hammonds chin/neck in the Purdue game yet some believe Harrison should get a pass for comments made "in the heat of the moment." I don't care how mad you are, you don't say what he said out loud and get a "pass."

And one fan (John Anthony) said Lyles "brushed" Gasser's face when it was a clear open hand slap. Ellis got tossed for his actions but Lyles gets away with a clear action that warranted a flagrant and possible ejection. :lol2:

And for the record, I was rooting for UK last night because of my wife and her family.

Too much bias showing in this one, Walter. :no:

And if Kaminsky had said the same things about Harrison and Wisconsin had rioted like they did in Lexington, Matt Jones and those like him would be unrelenting and unapologetic. Try as I might I cannot bring myself to cheer for UK because of the hypocrits and I made a $50 bet in Las Vegas in October for them to go undefeated.

Funny how Octavious Ellis is labeled a "thug" for his forearm to Hammonds chin/neck in the Purdue game yet some believe Harrison should get a pass for comments made "in the heat of the moment." I don't care how mad you are' date=' you don't say what he said out loud and get a "pass." And one fan (John Anthony) said Lyles "brushed" Gasser's face when it was a clear open hand slap. Ellis got tossed for his actions but Lyles gets away with a clear action that warranted a flagrant and possible ejection. :lol2: Glad Hellbird has the right perception on these things. And for the record, I was rooting for UK last night because of my wife and her family.[/quote']

I told my wife that I could see the officials ejecting Lyles. Stunned it was nothing.

I don't think Harrison should be ruined for what he said last night but it was clearly wrong. What bothers me is that if roles were reversed and Kaminsky said something racially insensitive regarding Harrison after the game the outcry would be far different. This frustrates me and many others - different set of rules for some groups compared to others.

Regarding Lyles, how is that not a flagrant foul? The most ardent UK fans know it was. I am not saying Lyles is a thug at all. I am saying that if Lyles played for Wisconsin and did the exact same thing to a UK player, BBN would be screaming about what a thug he is...