FloWrestler of the Week - Austin Myers of Campbell County

FloWrestler of the Week: Austin Myers, KY - FloWrestling

Revenge is best served GOLD!

And that is exactly how things went for West Virginia bound big man Austin Myers who defeated Kenny Brinson 8-5 to take home his third NHSCA National title. It was just a season ago that Myers was defeated by Brinson to win his third title and that was all that Myers had on his mind when he and Brinson met for the second straight year in the finals.

The deciding factor for Myers were the three backpoints he picked up to take the lead before riding out Brinson and killing his chances of joining the NHSCA four-timers club.

After the action packed match, Myers went on to say that revenge was definitely on his mind.

“He took my chance for four titles, so I had to take his,” Myers said after the match.

En route to his third title, Myers recorded three straight pins – all in less than 40 seconds – before a pair of decisions in the semis and finals. His great performance, which was highlighted by his win over Brinson in the final, makes Austin Myers the FloWrestler of the Week presented by Cliff Keen.

austin.jpg

Nice video within the link of Austin in action.

Amazing how much he looks like his dad!

Myers and Frankrone are both going to FLo Nationals this weekend in Indiana, PA. Myers has kept a crazy schedule so far this offseason. I think this will be his 4th major event in as many weeks. 5 if you want to count the KY State tournament.

In less than four weeks he won State March 10 and 11 lost Dapper Dan in ot Sun March 15 won Border Brawl March 17 or 18 tue or wed 18 to 2 Won spatula classic that sat won NHSCA Sr Nat the following fri Sat Sun and Flo Nat Thurs and Fri Apr 2nd and 3rd .He's the king of the road and he's Fearless

Edited by Achiles