10th Region Fans - If Your Team Can't Go To Rupp...

...who would you most like to see make it? Kinda dovetails with that "rivals thread" I started a while back.

I'm not gonna go in the "who would you LEAST like to see represent the 10th" direction - that might breed too much negativity. So...if the school you follow doesn't win the tourney - who do you want to win it?

Papa's choice will be forthcoming.

Don't have a team in the 10th per se. As a friend of Goldie, my team would be GRC. As someone who usually stays at the Raddison and doesn't mind seeing others have a good time, then I'll tip my cap to the inhabitants of the 4th floor from Mason County. Usually if either of them goes, it's going to be a solid representative for the 10th, so it's really hard to say that you are going wrong with either.

If my team couldn't go, I'd choose any team that has never experienced the Sweet Sixteen before (and there are many..too many to name). Seems it's always Mason/Clark/Montgomery (and I know..Campbell went last year).

Just ask Augusta how awesome their trip this week to Frankfort was.

If I had to choose any team besides my Royals, it would have to be Augusta. Those kids work their tails off. I have much respect for Jason Hinson and what he has done to that program. They prove to be a tough out each and every night no matter who they are playing.

Another one I'd add-- I don't think I've seen a Bishop Brossart team that got to Rupp and didn't play with intensity and put forth a gritty effort. Not really a "sexy" team to watch play, but they are usually pretty fundamentally sound and give teams that you wouldn't give them a chance against a heck of a game.

Decisions, decisions.

Do you root for a historical rival (that you might otherwise REALLY dislike) because you think they will show well in the tourney and help the image of the 10th? Do you root for the perennial underdog/"little guy" that has never or rarely represented the region? Do you look at the current season only and latch onto a team that you really never thought much about before? If your team can't go, is there a player or coach that you believe would rise to the occasion in Lexington?

Or is it possible that "if my team can't be there, I'm not gonna root for anybody"?

Personally, I am fascinated by this.

Don't have a team in the 10th per se. As a friend of Goldie, my team would be GRC. As someone who usually stays at the Raddison and doesn't mind seeing others have a good time, then I'll tip my cap to the inhabitants of the 4th floor from Mason County. Usually if either of them goes, it's going to be a solid representative for the 10th, so it's really hard to say that you are going wrong with either.

Don't have a favorite team in the 10th, but as a friend of Goldie I'd go...

1. GRC

2. MoCo

3. Mason

4. Paris

I don't have a team in the 10th. But I have family in Winchester. Going with GRC!

Glad to see the support for my Cards. :thumb: