2019 KY Player Rankings

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I said 2019.

I read in another thread about a kid at Pendleton that is really talented. Someone said he may the best in the class.

I found this site who has already ranked the top 2019 players.

Regional Player Rankings: Kentucky Class of 2019

Kyle Rode at LexChristian is #1.

Dante Allen. I won't come out and say he's #1 yet, but he belongs on the list. 6'3"...lean and athletic and can explode to the hoop. Clizzy, you need to come check him out.

Dante Allen. I won't come out and say he's #1 yet, but he belongs on the list. 6'3"...lean and athletic and can explode to the hoop. Clizzy, you need to come check him out.

Randy owes me a snack so maybe I will do that.

Kyle Rode has a very nice skill set and is a born leader. He has played so many games against older players and good competition that he is pretty far ahead of everyone else. I think he is close to 6'4" and will be a kid that can play the wing his entire career. Not your average 8th grader at all.

Kyle Rode has a very nice skill set and is a born leader. He has played so many games against older players and good competition that he is pretty far ahead of everyone else. I think he is close to 6'4" and will be a kid that can play the wing his entire career. Not your average 8th grader at all.

No, he is not.

My Kyle Rode story:

Last year I helped coach the 8th Grade middle school team at Boyle. Our first game is against LexChristian. We're watching LCA warm up and we start working on who will guard who when we take the floor. We see Rode, recognize his height and decide we'll put our center, Will Bramel, on Rode. Rode jumps for LCA so we're good, match ups look great. We score and LCA takes the ball out and inbounds in to Rode who proceeds to bring it up as the point guard. Before we knew it he took our center to hole and scored with ease. We made a defensive switch immediately. :lol2:

Rode is probably the best player I have seen at the middle school level.

He ended up getting into foul trouble and we were able to get him fouled out of the game late in the 4th. We won by a point or two in OT. Had he not fouled out no way we win. We had no answer for him. Luckily for us he liked to reach.

Walker is the transfer in Bowling Green and is a nice player near the top, but I would not put him above Kyle Rode. If I had a draft choice between the two, it would be an easy choice and that is with no disrespect to the young man from Chicago. Kyle may be a 6'7' or 6"8" wing when he leaves high school and has so many intangibles that few kids his age have. He is a great teammate.

I have seen about half the kids on this list. No way Dante Allen is not on this list.... I have not seen Kyle Rode, but did see enough of We All Can Go and others to know that Dante belongs in the top 5. He's 6'2" with a great handle, beats anyone 1 on 1 on the bounce and lights it up from beyond the arc.

Will he play varsity? Is my math wrong or are these kids currentily 8th graders? Looking foward to watching him.