Dylan Fosnacht throws 194 pitches

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it may be late in the High School season, but what are the chances that this pitcher continues to pitch through summer league games?

Give him proper rest and he is fine.

Bigger issue, IMO, is the fact that his catcher caught the majority of those 194 then pitched 8 innings.

What do you mean dangerous?

Based on numerous studies he has been involved in, Andrews said most shoulder and arm surgeries in youth, college and professional baseball are related to fatigue in the arm. And high pitch counts are a big factor in the fatigue.

“Pitching too much in one game, one week or one season is a very high risk factor,” he said. “The problem is the injuries don’t always show up when they pitch too many pitches at age 15. When you see a pitcher at age 22 start developing a problem, you go look at their history and most times you find out they threw too much as a teen.”

You can read the entire article here:

Big pitch counts could lead to big problems - ESPNHS Baseball - ESPN

Based on numerous studies he has been involved in, Andrews said most shoulder and arm surgeries in youth, college and professional baseball are related to fatigue in the arm. And high pitch counts are a big factor in the fatigue.

“Pitching too much in one game, one week or one season is a very high risk factor,” he said. “The problem is the injuries don’t always show up when they pitch too many pitches at age 15. When you see a pitcher at age 22 start developing a problem, you go look at their history and most times you find out they threw too much as a teen.”

I firmly believe there are 2 issue's.

1 - Not throwing enough.

2 - Not getting proper rest after throwing.

Oh, you mean to his baseball career (which most likely ends after high school or shortly there after). I don't consider that danger.

Oh, you mean to his baseball career (which most likely ends after high school or shortly there after). I don't consider that danger.

How can you put a limit on a kids career that you know nothing about. That's like telling a kid "you're not going anywhere after high school, so I'm going to use you and tear up your arm while I can". If you want to make that gamble on a kid, you shouldn't be coaching.

C'mon man!!

How can you put a limit on a kids career that you know nothing about. That's like telling a kid "you're not going anywhere after high school, so I'm going to use you and tear up your arm while I can". If you want to make that gamble on a kid, you shouldn't be coaching.

C'mon man!!

Huh?

Who said anything like that? The coach even said he talked to the kid every inning to make sure he was okay. Either way, that's besides the point. At the end of the day it's meaningless sports, it's not dangerous.