Mowing?

TTS_JF

Have you started yet? I did for the first time last night.

After cleaning up 3 loads of limbs out of my yard and

trimming up a couple more trees. I hated to start, but

when I finished sat down had a beer and took in the

intoxicating aroma of fresh cut grass.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you started yet? I did for the first time last night.

After cleaning up 3 loads of limbs out of my yard and

trimming up a couple more trees. I hated to start, but

when I finished sat down had a beer and took in the

intoxicating aroma of fresh cut grass.

At least it's mid(ish)-April this year. Last year, I had to start at the beginning of March!

And, it's a pain, but the rewards are exactly what you mention, that aroma, and just the sight of the neat appearance. I always have a huge sense of accomplishment after doing yard work.

Stick and debris day was last weekend, gotta mow this weekend, and the grass jumped up pretty good over the last 72 hours. Going to sharpen the blade and change the filter/oil in the mower and get the kids right on the job!!

Already cut, and pretty much ready to be cut again. I didn't want to cut, but I had no decision. My yard got a double dose of fertilizer a couple weeks ago, and it shot up. TruGreen did their thing, and 2 days layer, Scott's did my yard by mistake. Therefore, my yard shot up in no time.

Already cut, and pretty much ready to be cut again. I didn't want to cut, but I had no decision. My yard got a double dose of fertilizer a couple weeks ago, and it shot up. TruGreen did their thing, and 2 days layer, Scott's did my yard by mistake. Therefore, my yard shot up in no time.

Aww, mannnn...I just HATE when someone does something to my house by mistake! I remember once, the neighbor across the street from me in Louisville got a new roof. She owned the house next door to me as well, for her mother. She told the roof guys to put a new roof on the entry way overhang of that house. They did mine by mistake. :lol:

Aww, mannnn...I just HATE when someone does something to my house by mistake! I remember once, the neighbor across the street from me in Louisville got a new roof. She owned the house next door to me as well, for her mother. She told the roof guys to put a new roof on the entry way overhang of that house. They did mine by mistake. :lol:

My biggest fear was the double dose would fry the grass, but it didn't. Plus, Scott's did the backyard, and I don't have TruGreen do it for me. :clap:

The sad thing is that the address Scott's was suppose to fertilize was on a completely different street in my subdivision. So, it wasn't like they did the wrong house on the street.

Had stick and first mow (set low) to remove thatch and leftover leaves three weeks ago for the lawn part. First actual mowing last weekend, but my "lawn" is clumpy with spots that are green and growing and spots that appears to be lifeless and something commonly seen on the surface of Mars. :down:

I have mowed part of my field, but it was pretty badly overgrown when we bought the farm last fall, and I don't yet have a suitable tractor or someone with a bush hog to clean it all up. It will be an ongoing process. I mowed paths through and around the field last fall, and I am maintaining those.