News about Luke Maile!

Theoldguy

Found out this evening that the former Covington Catholic three time Player of the Year in the Ninth Region, University of Kentucky Baseball player Luke Maile, has been assigned to be on the Spring Training Roster of the MLB Tampa Bay Rays. Luke will be practicing and playing with the big team this spring in Florida!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found out this evening that the former Covington Catholic three time Player of the Year in the Ninth Region, University of Kentucky Baseball player Luke Maile, has been assigned to be on the Spring Training Roster of the MLB Tampa Bay Rays. Luke will be practicing and playing with the big team this spring in Florida!

Non Roster Invitee

He did last year as well. I hope he at least gets moved up to Port Charlotte, this year.

• 3 weeks later...
Luke's had 2 at bats, against the Pirates on the 1st and the Red Sox on the 4th. Stuck out both times. Hopefully he gets some playing time today.

As expected Luke was reassigned to the minor league camp. Great experience for him.

• 3 weeks later...
Exciting news for Luke. He was in lower-A last season. He is skipping High-A and starting at AA in Montgomery.

Big time.

That is a big jump, one of the biggest in the minors. Once you get to AA, you are pretty much considered major league worthy and are potentially just an injury to the right player at the right time away from moving up to the big leagues.

Side note: When I saw this thread started by TheOldGuy, I got excited thinking TOG was back online. Then I noticed the date the thread was started. We will be missing TOG a lot as baseball season rolls forward.