Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Predictions (2013 Class 1A State Championship)

theguru

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know as much about them as I would like too or as much as I will know after a little research but I did hear somewhere that this group won the middle school state title and they have a superstar QB Seizemore I think is the spelling. I hope we can get it done but it will require a great effort on our part. Should be a barn burner, Go Big Red!

I think this game could go either way. Mayfield's offense is gonna have to pick it up a notch or 2. The D has been stellar in the playoffs and I expect that to be solid, but, they can't afford to get down by a couple of scores and have to play from behind. I like this Cardinal team a lot, as they've been very consistent all year against a very tough schedule and I expect there coaching staff will spend a lot of time in the film room this next week, getting them ready for a big challenge. Good luck to both teams. Should be a dandy.

I saw a little on ihigh and I can't really tell one thing. I will say by Litkinhouse Mayfield is about a 21 pt favorite. I doubt that they have a line equal or better then Mayfield's. But....we need to get off to a great start and play a whole and complete game. This is Williamsburg's first trip to State and I think this is Mayfield's 19th.

Someone from the Tri-County area brought up an interesting point to me.

He said he's very worried that Williamsburg was so underrated for so long and that now everyone is kind of giving them the respect they should have gotten all year long, they might not know how to handle the sudden new-found fame and notoriety and have a "big head" going into the Mayfield game. Even went as far as to say it could get ugly if that were the case.

I don't think Williamsburg's players will get the big-head going into the state title game. They know that beating Mayfield will be very tough to do. First they said Williamsburg was overrated; then they played a weak schedule (played both Wayne County and North Laurel); then Hazard was the better team; Then Raceland was the better team. What did Williamsburg do? Beat Hazard 21-7; Crush Raceland 34-7 without one of its best players for almost the entire game while scoring the most points against the Rams since Sept. 27. How about people giving them credit and realize they are a good team?

I don't think Williamsburg's players will get the big-head going into the state title game. They know that beating Mayfield will be very tough to do. First they said Williamsburg was overrated; then they played a weak schedule (played both Wayne County and North Laurel); then Hazard was the better team; Then Raceland was the better team. What did Williamsburg do? Beat Hazard 21-7; Crush Raceland 34-7 without one of its best players for almost the entire game while scoring the most points against the Rams since Sept. 27. How about people giving them credit and realize they are a good team?

Nobody from this end of the state really knows anything about Williamsburg. Mayfield will give them all the respect they deserve because any team that reaches the State Finals deserves that. As usual, it will take a great effort for any team to win the State Title.