Murray 27 Caldwell County 14

bugatti

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very shocking to me. I even posted that Murray had no chance. I would have to think the weather conditions had to play a role?

It was windy. Caldwell refused to run the ball and Murray controlled the clock, especially in the first half. Had one drive of 90 yards that ate up 70% of the quarter.

I think Murray tanked their game plan in the October meeting, knowing they would get another shot at Caldwell.

You don't want to be unbeaten and play Murray in the playoffs.

2013 - Caldwell County 12-0 -- Murray wins 27-14

2012 - Owensboro Catholic 11-0 -- Murray wins 29-22 in 2 OT

2011 - Owensboro Catholic 12-0 - Murray wins 17-14

Caldwell also had some drives stall deep in Murray territory. But a couple of those Murray's special teams gave them the ball with less than a third of the field to drive. Great defensive performance. A big chunk of yards came in the 4th when the secondary was in more of a prevent mode.

I'm not shocked, but, did expect CC to be a little too much for Murray. Sounded like Sindelar was definitely off his game tonight. I do think that CC should have just taken what the Murray D was giving them rather than constantly trying to hit on a big play. Nights like this with the conditions as they were doesn't bode well for those type plays. They have a couple of great RBs that can carry the load when called upon, so, really no need for the scheme they were playing. Give Murray credit, they've upped there schedule this year and tested themselves against some very good teams and it paid off tonight. They have a solid ballclub that can give teams fits when there offense is clicking. Good looking line.

I'm not shocked, but, did expect CC to be a little too much for Murray. Sounded like Sindelar was definitely off his game tonight. I do think that CC should have just taken what the Murray D was giving them rather than constantly trying to hit on a big play. Nights like this with the conditions as they were doesn't bode well for those type plays. They have a couple of great RBs that can carry the load when called upon, so, really no need for the scheme they were playing. Give Murray credit, they've upped there schedule this year and tested themselves against some very good teams and it paid off tonight. They have a solid ballclub that can give teams fits when there offense is clicking. Good looking line.

I have no idea why they didn't run the ball more. Murray did a great job of tackling which has been noted on here before. I didn't think either team played all that great.

Both teams played in the same weather, right?

Caldwell relied on the pass and Murray the run all year as I understand. Passing, as you know quite well, is much more difficult on a cold windy night. So, weather played into the strength of Murray, even though it is not an excuse for Caldwell. Even a QB like Drew Barker would not have thrown as well on this night. LOL!!!