Who Are You Pulling For?

Watusi

Other than your own team, in each class, what one team are you pulling for to win the championship? And why?

Are you pulling for a Cinderella Story? Maybe a local team or district mate? Do you pick only a private school? Public? etc.

Edited by Watusi

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go first. I'm a champion for the underdog or the team who has never won. I'm a Belfry fan first, but beyond that, here is my wish list

1A Raceland. Would love to see the Rams get their first title.

2A Somerset. Great program with no titles. I like the Briar Jumpers and their fans.

3A Lawrence County. District mate gets my vote ahead of Garrard or Mason by a narrow margin. LC is building their program back and the future is bright.

4A Johnson Central. No secret here, would love to see the Eagles win it all.

5A Harlan County. The Black Bears and Coach Larkey would be a deserving champion.

6A Scott County. Coach Mckee's Cardinals have been close in what some consider an unattainable goal. Plus he is a heck of a nice guy.

I always want the Rams to achieve the ultimate goal. And this may be the year they do more then they ever have, time will tell.

1A - I would like to see Williamsburg and Raceland get to the Regional Championship and face off, of course, I want the Rams to win that match up, but if they don't I would wish Williamsburg luck and success. I do like Mayfield, can't help it. I know it's boring to wish them luck, but I'm a little bit of a closet Mayfield fan. I have trouble not wishing Frankfort success. I like their program as well. I am a fan of Beechwood as well. But, I do like to see a team win that is considered the underdog. But, if not Raceland, I have to root for Williamsburg.

2A - Like 2C, I'm a Somerset fan here. With a mascot like the "Brier Jumpers" how can you not like them?

3A - I really like what Belfry does. I won't say "Old" but a great experienced coach that I would have loved my son to play for and they just get it done on the field. A true football fan has to be a fan of Belfry. I like Lawrence County as well. Raceland and the Dawgs have always had a special relationship dating back to Coach Goldsmith's first stint as coach. A great friendly rivalry with some great high school football games. Can't root agains Lawrence County.

4A - No Highlands fans, I'm not a hater, I have a great deal of respect for the BlueBirds and have never wished them ill. But, for the betterment of Kentucky Football, I would love to see Johnson Central win it all. And, this may be the best shot they have had thus far. Even with the coach who's name I no longer speak of, I would like to see the Golden Eagles do the impossible.

5A - I like what Bowling Green is doing and have followed them pretty darn closely. They are doing great things. But, if they were not to win it all, I would like to see Franklin County get it. They have been doing some great things the last several years, putting up some crazy number, but the defense has been questionable. This year they seem to have stiffened the defense and still have a strong offense. I like Franklin County.

6A - Trinity is a team that I have come to like a lot, they have been the bearer of Flag Kentucky and have an outstanding program. But, like Highlands, it is better for Kentucky football for someone else to win it all on occasion. For that reason, I really like Scott County. I love Coach McKee, I like talking to him, I like listening to him, and I like what he is doing as a coach. He has built a program up that is now a power. I would love to see Scott County win it all this year. Simon Kenton Intrigues me as well. I know they get criticized a lot, but this is not an overnight success story. They have been building for several years and it always seems that people are surprised by their success. Sure their schedule may not be what some want, but they have been quietly building confidence of the players and now I think they expect to win. Simon Kenton is preparing for success.

1A - Raceland - just because I really like the passion of their fan base and have had a chance to watch them on line and think they have enough talent to win it.

2A- Desales - I have a friend who son plays on the team.

3A - Mason County - Big fan of Coach Buchanan

4A- Boyle - Big fan of Coach French.

5A - Franklin County - School in my home town. I know all the coaches and kids and it would be great for the community.

6A - Male - I know some of the coaches. Good guys.

1A If we can't win it, I'd like to see Williamsburg get a shot.

2A I agree, Somerset. I can't believe they have never won a title.

3A Mason County. They just seem to play with class all the time.

4A Collins. Coach Lucas is one of my good friends and would like to see him direct his team to a Title.

5A Harlan Co. I'd just like to see a Mountain school with a Title.

6A Simon Kenton. Coach Roy Lucas is my best friend and would like to see him get a ring with another school.

1A - Russellville - I'd just like to see someone from the West get over the Mayfield wall...and Myers is a great guy.

2A -Glasgow - I'm a Rick Wood fan

3A - Wayne Co. - From where that program has come from to being a state contender is pretty special. I'm all for Coach Thompson and co.

4A - Anyone but Highlands (or Collins, after what they did to the Raiders last year).

5A - The Purples...because it will continue to make the Trinity people squirm, and that's been really fun to watch this year.

6A - X, because after all they have been through, it'd be awesome to see them take it all.

I'm a Somerset fan so:

1A-Raceland. Great tradition, I'd love to see them get that first regional crown and make a run to Bowling Green.

2A-Glasgow. I've gained a lot of respect for Glasgow and their fans the last 3 seasons.

3A-Belfry. Great group of fans and a great coach. I'd like to see them get over that Central hump this season. Wayne County is a close second--I'd love to see those two in the finals.

4A-Pretty much anyone besided Highlands. Nothing against Highlands, I'd just like to see someone else win. I'll go with fellow 12th region team Boyle County.

5A-Pulaski County. Another local school having their best ever season.

6A-Scott County, I'd like to see one of the public schools win for a change.

Don't really follow the other classes enough to have an opinion.

6A-St. Xavier just to chap the backsides of the public vs. private people, after that Butler, after that Manual, after that Male, after that McCracken Co., after that Henderson Co., after that Meade Co., after that Henderson Co., after that Central Hardin, after that Dunbar, after that Bryan Station, after that Henry Clay, after that Campbell Co., after that Dixie Heights, after that Simon Kenton. Because of his stance on the public vs. private issue, plus what I see as the outright hypocrisy on his part as the AD at Scott County and some of the "questionable" transfers that have entered their basketball program I absolutely don't want Jim McKee or his team win.

1A- Raceland. Good friend of mine who struggles with basic spelling wants them to win, so I do too.

2A- Caldwell County. I like the pass-happy, high-powered offenses. Been following them from a distance all year.

3A- Mason County. Papa. ChiefSmoke. Pasquale's. 'Nuff said.

4A- Anybody but Higlands. Nothing against them personally & a lot of my BGP friends are passionate about their 'Birds. I'd just like to see some change is all.

5A- Conner. Love Drew Barker. And Clizzy too.

6A- Simon Kenton. For sheer entertainment value, I can't help myself.

The only one I care about would be 5A, and as much as I'd like to root for a NKy team, I can't help but remember the total devastation of this one dad last year who approached us after the Harlan Co. loss to Cooper. He was sobbing, I am not exaggerating one bit. Begged us to go take care of "those Purples" for them. Added a layer of sadness to our loss that we let him down too.

1A-Raceland. Because I love Ram. If not Raceland then I'm pulling for Mayfield.

2A-I would say Danville but I think they qualify as an obvious area team so other than Danville I'll say Caldwell County. I like their story. I also would like to see Somerset win it all also.

3A-Other than Garrard County I am pulling for Bell County and Mason County.

4A-This is tough because this question is asking me to pull for whichever team may be lucky enough to defeat Boyle County. Mercer County and LexCath are the obvious choices but I am rolling with the Bluebirds. If Boyle can't knock them off I don't want anybody to. I want the Rebels to be the ones to do it when it happens. Whether it is this year, next year or 15 years from now it has to be the Rebels to do it.

5A-Conner. I love Leman Boyd!!!!!!!!! Plain and simple. Harlan County. Sentimental reasons.

6A-St. Xavier. For two reasons.....one...it proves that St. X is better than people gave them credit for and their fans' preseason chatter is validated and two......their fans have been more supportive of BG and their season more than any other school on here(with Mayfield being a close second) and that goes a long way with me. Obviously. Oh and thirdly.....Charles Walker was the best RB I saw in person this season and I'd love to see him carry St. X to the title. He was fun to watch.

Edited by PurplePride92