33 members have voted

1. 1. Mayfield at Caldwell County

• Mayfield (9-0)
    • Caldwell County (9-0)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayfield will have to play much better on defense to win this game. This might one of those games that if we get behind we won't be able to catch back up. However, Caldwell isn't known for it's defense so it will come down to which team can makes the stops. Both teams will score multiple times. Interesting game.

Should be a great game, in the last couple installments Mayfield has jumped ahead and Caldwell elected to get its key personnel out to prevent any injuries for the playoffs. I hope both give it their all and do not hold back for the playoffs this time around. It will be a huge mountain for the Cards to climb and they will be the underdog but God willing and the creeks don't rise, I am hopeful we can find a way through this Goliath.

Mayfield has the edge in schedule and Guhy and the Cards front line get the edge over Singular and his line. Caldwell has more diversity at both reciever and in the backfield. I like the Cards defense a little better than Caldwell's

I want the Cardinals to win this game but what is most important to me is that neither team have any injuries. Both teams need to stay healthy so they keep up the march to the state title.

In the last 2 meetings Mayfield has jumped out to a decent lead and Caldwell elected to just pull up and get its starters out to keep anybody from getting hurt for the playoffs. I hope we see that by either this week and doubt we will

I don't see either teams defense being able to completely shut down the others offense, so, it'll come down to who can somewhat contain or slow it down the best. Either team can comeback from a 3-4 score deficit if need be because there offenses are that good, so, if one gets a 2-3 score lead, they can't let up, because there will be a lot of big plays in this one and things can turn in a hurry in a game like this. The team that runs the ball the best and controls the line of scrimmage will likely prevail, barring penalties and turnovers being pretty even.

I give the Tigers a slight edge in overall depth, skill players and athleticism. I give the Cardinals the edge in the trenches, kicking game and making in game adjustments. While I think Caldwell will make some big plays and put points on the board, I believe the Cards can match them toe to toe offensively and make the 2nd half adjustments to get enough stops in crunch time to come out on top. I see it being a pretty high scoring affair, so, I'm going to say M 45 CC 35.

The kicking game is at most a push. Have you not seen Brett Seymore kick? He is good from inside 50 and has a fast leg. This matchup may come down to who has the ball last. Elijah Sindelar and his band of receivers are clicking on all cylinders right now and they will be hard to stop.

Caldwell has not been nearly as tested and Mayfield will be the beat team they have faced this year. On the other hand, Mayfield has faced better teams than Caldwell this year. Will that help the Cards here? I have no idea. I'm sure we will pen our eRs back and but relentless pressure on Singular in hopes of getting him to hurray and possibly make a rare mistake

The kicking game is at most a push. Have you not seen Brett Seymore kick? He is good from inside 50 and has a fast leg. This matchup may come down to who has the ball last. Elijah Sindelar and his band of receivers are clicking on all cylinders right now and they will be hard to stop.

I have not seen Seymore, so, may have spoken too soon. I know Mayfield has a very good kicker and punter and can make FGs up to 35-40 yds pretty easily. I'd say 45 would probably be his long. I, too, think it could come down to who has the ball last. If Mayfield happens to have the lead going into the 4th qtr, they're hard to beat and I like there chances. That's typically when they go to there ground and pound game and chew up clock and more times than not, comes away with points. The D seems to get stronger late in the game, as well. If Caldwell has the lead going into the 4th, I think it plays into the Tigers advantage, because the Cards are forced to continue to go the air and can't take advantage of there OL as well.

Good luck to both and whatever happens, I'll be rooting for the Tigers to bring back the 2A crown.

I will be rooting for the Cardinals to bring home the 1A title too. Y'all should come up early and go to Pagliai's with me around 4 pm and then get to the field early to get a seat!.

We actually always hit Paglials. One of my favorite pizzas. I even order them to go when passing through often times. Have them in my address book

I will be rooting for the Cardinals to bring home the 1A title too. Y'all should come up early and go to Pagliai's with me around 4 pm and then get to the field early to get a seat!.

If you get to Pagliai's at 4 pm you may not get a table. I'm expecting a crazy crowd in Princeton on Friday, namely the largest crowd to ever watch a football game in our fair city!

First team to 50 wins it. Caldwell 52, Mayfield 45.

Good luck finding a seat at the game.

Caldwell has not been nearly as tested and Mayfield will be the beat team they have faced this year. On the other hand, Mayfield has faced better teams than Caldwell this year. Will that help the Cards here? I have no idea. I'm sure we will pen our eRs back and but relentless pressure on Singular in hopes of getting him to hurray and possibly make a rare mistake
Which teams do you think Mayfield has played that are better than Caldwell?