Covington Catholic 26 Ryle 17

Birdsfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on the Colonels sticking one more touchdown from 20 yards out in the closing minute? The radio guys' description made it sound like they could've been taking a knee. Not having been there, I'm interested to hear what those in attendance have to say.

Any thoughts on the Colonels sticking one more touchdown from 20 yards out in the closing minute? The radio guys' description made it sound like they could've been taking a knee. Not having been there, I'm interested to hear what those in attendance have to say.

I have no problem with a team making it a two score game at any time.

I think they were just taking their frustrations out on their teams lack of play in the 4th qtr than anything else. Ryle up 17-0 and still up late in the game, trust me, I know how it feels to watch your team give up leads late in games this year.....Ryle was the recipient of one of many for me this year lol. It's tough to take sometimes and they just let their feelings out on the air. I have no problem with it.

Your kidding right? If you have a chance to score and make it a two score game you do it. Ryle knew it was coming- Sam Dressman right and Sam Dressman left- they just didn't stop it.

One of the least excited groups of Cov Cath players I've ever seen. Of the numerous things that disappointed me today about the game, that disappointed me the most.

I don't know how you gauge excitement, but I guarantee what these kids do not lack is heart and resolve. Could have folded their tent after the 3rd quarter very easily but gutted it out.

Now if your talking about the Colonel Crazies, I agree- no excitement.

Your kidding right? If you have a chance to score and make it a two score game you do it. Ryle knew it was coming- Sam Dressman right and Sam Dressman left- they just didn't stop it.
The Cov Cath audio team seemed to think they were about to take a knee, since there was under a minute to play. They seemed a little surprised, and I'm just going by that. Edited by Birdsfan

The Cov Cath audio team seemed to think they were about to take a knee, since there was under a minute to play. They seems a little surprised, and I'm just going by that.

Then I guess it's a good thing they aren't calling the plays.

Ryle Vs. Covington Catholic Scoring Summary

7-0 Ryle

3:37 1st quarter

Rytlewski to England 72 TD pass

Bouldin PAT good

4 plays 84 yards

End of the 1st quarter score

Ryle 7 Covington Catholic 0

10-0 Ryle

6:39 2nd quarter

Bouldin 37 yard FG

6 plays 17 yards