7. Bardstown vs. #3 Christian Academy-Louisville

8. Murray at Ballard Memorial

9. Owensboro Catholic at Todd County Central

10. Union County vs. Butler County

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't take Caldwell out of the top spot. If they had been struggling that's one thing but they've been dominate. Terrible decision IMO.
I get where you are coming from but look at Caldwell and DeSales' records this season and a very good case could be made for either team to be in the #1 spot.

DeSales is 6-0 with wins over...

Holy Cross (Louisville) 45-0

John Hardin 25-20

Warren Central 40-27

Washington County 63-0

Shawnee 49-0

Bardstown 55-7

Caldwell is 6-0 with wins over...

Christian County 45-22

Union County 57-20

Ohio County 55-26

Trigg County 49-13

Fort Campbell 48-35

Ballard Memorial 63-28

There is the Somerset ranking I was politicking for last week :D

Now don't ruin my hard work Somerset fans by having your team lay an egg.

As for #1... I am still of the belief that Caldwell is the best 2A team and will take home the trophy. Just really like that team and always value QB play come the post season. With that said, I can't argue with the #1 ranking for DeSales considering their body of work to this point. Two wins over teams who would be considered the best team on Caldwell's schedule and a third statement win over Bardstown where they beat the living snot out of them. Caldwell's two best wins are looking weaker and weaker each week as Christian County and Ft. Campbell both continue to struggle.

There is the Somerset ranking I was politicking for last week :D

Now don't ruin my hard work Somerset fans by having your team lay an egg.

As for #1... I am still of the belief that Caldwell is the best 2A team and will take home the trophy. Just really like that team and always value QB play come the post season. With that said, I can't argue with the #1 ranking for DeSales considering their body of work to this point. Two wins over teams who would be considered the best team on Caldwell's schedule and a third statement win over Bardstown where they beat the living snot out of them. Caldwell's two best wins are looking weaker and weaker each week as Christian County and Ft. Campbell both continue to struggle.

We won't this week ... Somerset vs OPEN

Would Caldwell Co. beat John Hardin or Warren Central? That is not a rhetorical question. I am asking for opinions.

From someone with no bias... my opinion would be Warren Central= possibly to probably... John Hardin= Doubtful

Dropping Caldwell is wrong. They are eating everything on their plates and doing it in convincing manner.

I know you are biased, but what are your answers to post #8?

Personally, at this point in the season with two undefeated teams, I don't think one should be ranked above the other because they started the season higher in the rankings. The question is who is the better team?

To tell the truth, I truly believe that my Tigers would beat both, John Hardin and WC. Maybe by 1-7 points, but 1 or 63, it would still be a W in both cases. What I am more worried about at this point is, can they beat Green Co., Murray, Crittenden Co., and Mayfield?