Clyde

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2722 in MLB

1278 in Japan

HOFer

In which hall? The "National" Baseball Hall of Fame? It will be interesting to see how it is handled when it is time for him to be elected. Will the voters not recognize his play in Japan??

Great player, deserves to be recognized but look at those footballers who went to Canada to play? They have their own Hall of fame up there. Pretty sure Moon got in the NFL hall for his 17 years in the NFL, not his 6 in the Canadian league.

HOFer definitely. But celebrating this 4,000 thing kinda makes me irritated. Might as well start recognizing minor league stats as well. But, If Ichiro was in the MLB for his whole career, I think he would have given Rose a run for his money.

Absolute great baseball player. I believe he's won something like ten gold gloves as well.

Yes. He was arguably the best defender in the league for a span. Not to mention great speed around the bases. He never hit for power, but people always say he had that ability just opted not to go that route.

Will he be able to hang around long enough to get 3,000 in MLB and surpass Rose for his career? Right now he is a .275 hitter and barely over .300 OBP. He will be 40 entering next season. He needs two healthy seasons at his current production for sure to get there. If he is hurt, stops producing at his current level or starts getting reduced playing time, he may need a third season.

Will he be able to hang around long enough to get 3,000 in MLB and surpass Rose for his career? Right now he is a .275 hitter and barely over .300 OBP. He will be 40 entering next season. He needs two healthy seasons at his current production for sure to get there. If he is hurt, stops producing at his current level or starts getting reduced playing time, he may need a third season.

Yes, I think he does it easily.

As far as his stats in Japanese baseball. If Tuffy Rhodes is top 10 in all-time home runs...your stats don't count.

Not to diminish how talented Ichiro is. Like I said before, I truly believe he would've challenged 4,256.

I will never forget the day Tuffy Rhodes blasted 3 HRs for the Cubs on opening day.