McCracken County Mustangs Schedule

2013 Football Schedule

8/24/2013 - vs. Paducah Tilghman High School

8/30/2013 - @ Mayfield High School

9/6/2013 - vs. Dyer County High School (TN)

9/13/2013 - OPEN WEEK

9/21/2013 - McCracken County Bowl

Game 1: Russellville vs. Todd County 3:00 pm

Game2: Calloway County vs. Fulton City 5:00 pm

Game3: McCracken County vs. Bullitt Central 7:30 pm

9/27/2013 - @ Ft. Campbell High School

10/4/2013 - @ GravesCounty High School

10/11/2013 - vs. Marshall County High School

10/18/2013 - @ DaviessCounty High School

10/25/2013 - vs. Henderson County High School

11/1/2013 - vs. Christian County High School

What is Calloway doing playing Fulton City?

THAT was my question exactly. And unless Todd Co has gotten a lot better, and I doubt they have, that probably won't be much of a game either and I don't think it helps Russellville much at all. Mc Co and Bullitt Central? I don't know, could be a good test for Mc Co against a bigger sized school as two of their first three games are against 1A (but it is Mayfield of course) and 3A competition. Dyer Co I don't know anything about.

I like the logo, but...the nickname is so completely generic. Could they not incorporate something that Paducah or McCracken County is famous for? Maybe something to do with steamboats or the river or a native animal? I had the same argument with Muhlenberg County, who lamely chose Mustangs when they could have been the Miners. I also thought Collins should have been the Governors, but they chose Titans. The only recent nickname that really played locally was Harlan County choosing the Black Bears. This is the name of perhaps the most noticeable institution in your community. Why not sell it big time with something unique and local?

I like the logo, but...the nickname is so completely generic. Could they not incorporate something that Paducah or McCracken County is famous for?

The "Vettes" would have been nice. Short for "Corvettes".