Insight to Time-Warner

Mustang

Question on the transition from insightbb to twc.

My primary E/Mail server is Outlook Express. I have numerous incoming/outgoing messages, addresses, groups on there that I would hate to lose.

My fear is that if I follow their procedeures I will be switched to their E/Mail source website rather than being able to function on Outlook Express. Are these fears unfounded and will everything magically switch to TWC and operate smoothly on Outlook Express or are additional steps required on my part???

My primary E/Mail server is Outlook Express. I have numerous incoming/outgoing messages, addresses, groups on there that I would hate to lose.

My fear is that if I follow their procedeures I will be switched to their E/Mail source website rather than being able to function on Outlook Express. Are these fears unfounded and will everything magically switch to TWC and operate smoothly on Outlook Express or are additional steps required on my part???

Remember that Outlook Express is just a mail client - meaning it's just an app that allows your email to function. So when you change from your Insightbb.com email to twc.com email you will need to go into Outlook and change the settings to tell Outlook where to go find your email.

You will not lose any emails that are already in your client.

Not related to email, but since the switch to TW my Internet goes out at least once a day. I have to manually reset it every time it happens. Not really happy with TW at this point.

Not related to email, but since the switch to TW my Internet goes out at least once a day. I have to manually reset it every time it happens. Not really happy with TW at this point.

I've had that happen several times as well.

Hoping it was something with the transition and not an ongoing issue.

Wasn't a big fan of Insight.

Not even remotely a fan of twc.

REALLY WISH I COULD GET ATT U-VERSE.

Absolutely loved them in TX.

Tried to set up the new TWC email and transition Insight emails........bottom line nothing worked correctly as it would not recognize my Insight email address. Did a Live Chat with TWC and they had two different "experts" try to find the problem and then they just gave up and gave me a phone number to call. Called that number and got a recording saying they know their are problems with the Insight to TWC email transition but they do not know what exactly is wrong.

I have not had that issue (yet).

Tried to set up the new TWC email and transition Insight emails........bottom line nothing worked correctly as it would not recognize my Insight email address. Did a Live Chat with TWC and they had two different "experts" try to find the problem and then they just gave up and gave me a phone number to call. Called that number and got a recording saying they know their are problems with the Insight to TWC email transition but they do not know what exactly is wrong.

I've been less than impressed with their support.

Mine converted first try without issue last week. But - I agree I hate TWC even more than I hated Insight. But since I hate Cin Bell even more, well, my choices are limited.

I've been less than impressed with their support.

Yeah. Unfortunately I moved into a new house just in time for the switch. I spent probably an hour and a half on hold all told with them trying to get service properly set up.

In Outlook Express (or Outlook), add a new mail account.

Account type: POP3

Incoming server: mail.twc.com

Outgoing servier: mail.twc.com

Key in your TWC email address as user name and fill in your password.

Do NOT check the Secure Password Authentication box.

If the option comes up, I'd set up a separate Outlook file for TWC. This allows you to have separate sets of folders (inbox, sent items, deleted items, etc.) for your old Insightbb and your new TWC email addresses. You can then see who is still sending you email the old way. As part of the setup, Outlook Express (or Outlook) should create a test message to see that the connections are working properly.

Then comes the fun part (sarcasm intended). Create a email to send to everybody in your address book telling them to use your new email address. I would create it from your Insightbb account because some of your recipients may not recognize the TWC.com domain and your message (if sent from your TWC email address) might go to their junk folder. For privacy, I recommend putting all the recipients in BCC (blind carbon) instead of TO or CC in this particular email. I'd start now, because the Insightbb email is not going to be around forever.

Then comes the really fun part (more sarcasm). You will need to visit every website that has your Insightbb.com email address either as part of their subscription account settings or as a user name to log on. I have been working on this myself for several days. In one sense, if you want to remove yourself from a particular website who sends you emails, don't bother to change your email address!

Good luck with your conversion!

My cable box with the DVR has been shutting down and I assume rebooting its self for about roughly the last two weeks. Has anyone else experienced this problem of late? The screen will go green for about 15 seconds and then everything shuts down. It happens probably once or twice a day. I've never had an issue with the box until now.