Mayfield , Beechwood , Danville are more of a dynasty than Trinity

If Trinity had 40 to 50 boys in each class to to field a high school team each season I doubt if they would have more success as these teams have had. Trinity is blessed with being in Louisville and having a large number of boys to choose from. Trinity also benifits from not being in a great high school football state. Some small schools that produce good and great teams every year with small enrollment are more impressive than the few big schools that have a large pool of boys every year to choose from. Like the saying goes "bigger isn't always better".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point. Growing up down the road from Beechwood, I've always been amazed at how good they are year in and year out. I'd put Highlands in the same category too. The fact that both schools are ALWAYS in the state title hunt is amazing.

I see the point, but I can't make myself agree completely. I can't bring myself to take away from what Trinity has accomplished as a program.

If Trinity had 40 to 50 boys in each class to to field a high school team each season I doubt if they would have more success as these teams have had. Trinity is blessed with being in Louisville and having a large number of boys to choose from. Trinity also benifits from not being in a great high school football state. Some small schools that produce good and great teams every year with small enrollment are more impressive than the few big schools that have a large pool of boys every year to choose from. Like the saying goes "bigger isn't always better".
I find it interesting that the three public schools you mention above are each independent school districts. They have options of accepting students from outside thier "boundaries". The larger publci County schools have had no where near the success of these smaller "city" schools. In Trnity's case, bigger is better and the administartion makes it work. As the local public schools have chosen limit their enrollments, Trinity has grown through the years. I use the huge public schools in Indiana as a prime example of how big works. In Ohio, they suggested to Colerain to split into two schools. Those folks declined.

For the thousandth time, every school in the state has the option of accepting students from outside their, self imposed, district lines. Excepting students from anywhere is only limited by the school district themselves.

For the thousandth time, every school in the state has the option of accepting students from outside their, self imposed, district lines. Excepting students from anywhere is only limited by the school district themselves.

Thank you Ram. nochristmastree only has 90 posts on BGP so he/she most likely hasn't seen the 100 previous posts on this topic. The independent versus county school comment is very old and tiresome. The only difference between an independent and county school district is size. Both can accept students from outside their boundaries unless they impose rules on themselves against it. The options are the same for both.

A-Frickin'-MEN! People keep throwing it out there like saying it over and over somehow makes it true.

I would argue that non-independents have it even better because kids can apply to switch schools within the district without paying tuition. If you take away the tuition barrier, it sure makes for an easier decision. I don't know if they play sports, but I know there are a few students at Dixie that live in Simon Kenton District

Nothing in this post is convincing me that Mayfield, Beechwood or Danville are better dynasties than Trinity. Their past to success may be harder than Trinity's but that doesn't make their dynasties better.

Trinity by far is the best football in the state of ky. No other school in the state could play their schedule and be as successful as they are. They could win a state title in the biggest class in almost any state, no other school in the state can claim that. Sorry hhs fans, not even close.

the biggest disappoint to me in this state is, cov cath. How can u not be able to beat hhs year in and year out and not win titles?

What really means dynasty, lifetime? Last 10 years? If u talk last 10 years, hhs, trinity and ncc are unmatched.

Are you guys all reading the same thing I am reading? nochristmastree said quote:

"As the local public schools have chosen limit their enrollments, Trinity has grown through the years."

I was responding to this:

I find it interesting that the three public schools you mention above are each independent school districts. They have options of accepting students from outside thier "boundaries".

Every school has the "option of accepting students from outside their 'boundaries'".

Ask yourselves this. How many kids leave ft thomas to play at cchs? How many kids leave ft mitchell (beechwood) to play at lloyd? They dont, its the other way around.

I'm not sure what side of the argument you are making, but LLOYD is the same as Beechwood, right? Independent? Just because they don't choose to leave Beechwood or Highlands district to go to the other schools doesn't mean they can't? Unless, as other have pointed out, the district closes outside enrollment.

I was responding to this:

Every school has the "option of accepting students from outside their 'boundaries'".

I think you (and the others) made the mistake of reading into only a portion of his post. If you read the entire post the context of the comment you responded to changes (or certainly is more clearly defined).

Not to hijack, but I have to say that there is a huge difference in independents and rural/county schools. The difference isn't so much as enrollment advantages in terms of accepting out of district kids or not, but it lies within the fact that at the last majority of these rural area county schools, you draw kids from parts of the counties that didn't know what a football was 50 years ago, and they still don't.

Consolidation of these schools into "so as so County High School" more times than not took the one football playing school and merged them with other schools in the county that didn't play it due to a vast number of reasons (agriculture had and still has much to do with it).

I know several rural/county schools out there whose football programs wouldn't suffer one bit if they went back to the days before consolidation.