Opponents' Record: 926-628

State Championships: 0

Go to the below link for the next 10.

Link

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree since KY is a 6 class state and was a 4 class state. I would think Mayfield and Beechwood should be included as well as some other smaller schools like Danville. And how some that are on the list are ahead of others leaves me wondering what the criteria was.

I was surprised by Ballard and Manual's placing on the list. I suppose they're there in large part due to the record of the opponents they played and beat. I know they don't have titles in large part because of Trinity and St. X (and to a lesser extent Male), but I was still surprised.

What we've got here........

The term dynasty is clearly misused. No way a Male or Manual come close to being called a dynasty, while Central, NCC, and Mayfield could clearly make such a claim. Looks more like someones opinion about the best overall over the last 10 yrs. One thing that is clear, and it's a concept that i am always opposed to, size matters.

Lets see.... Mayfield is #7 in all time wins in the nation with 775-240. Mayfield has 9 state titles and been to 18 state title games. Mayfield is a small school but a dynasty never the less. You can put Danville and Beechwood in there too. Mayfield is a top 5 program in the state. They get it done year in and year out.