Pacman Jones Arrested - Shannon Wesley knocked to the ground

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Adam Schaffer, Pacman slapped a woman:

Schaffer said 2 intoxicated women approached Jones at Reds game, took picture with him, threw bottle of beer at him, then Jones slapped one.

Probably stinkin' Cardinals fans. Not enough to ruin the Reds season, now they gotta start working on the Bengals' too?!?

From PFT:

His agent, Peter Schaffer, tells PFT by phone that Jones was at a bar after a Reds game. Jones was approached by two women that he deemed to be intoxicated, and they wanted to take a picture with him. Jones declined.

After he declined, one of them threw a beer bottle at him, striking his head from point blank range. So he turned and slapped her and said, “What are your doing? Stop it!”

Schaffer says that he has spoken to multiple eyewitnesses who corroborate Jones’ version of the events. Schaffer also says that the police have spoken to none of the witnesses, other than the two women.

“If it was anybody other than Adam Jones, they would have investigated it,” Schaffer said of the police. “If it was anybody other than Adam Jones, they wouldn’t have arrested him.”

We haven’t researched Ohio law on self-defense, so we don’t know whether a retaliatory slap after being struck by an object is permissible. Still, if Jones’ version is accurate, he wasn’t the aggressor. At a minimum, the woman who threw the bottle also should be charged.

^ If all the above is true the police jumped the gun. They needed to interview Jones first before deciding to arrest him.

Maybe so. But the Pacman has done enough in life for me to be skeptical of any situation and lean the other direction.

Maybe so. But the Pacman has done enough in life for me to be skeptical of any situation and lean the other direction.

I hear what you are saying but I am all about the "facts" and additionally police officers should not be judging anyone, that is what Judges do. The police need to do an objective and thorough investigation before arresting anyone in these type of he said she said cases.

Throw a bottle and hit me in the head and I may punch you too.

And can you provide a link and/or more details from the Prosecutor?

I'm not passing judgement. Just stating that it was apparently a punch.

Cincinnati Enquirer ‏@Cincienquirer 25m

City prosecutor: Adam 'Pacman' Jones was arrested for allegedly punching a female patron at a Downtown bar.

He needs to file an assault claim against that chick for hitting him w/ a bottle.

I guess he does now, in KY (and I realize this didn't happen in KY) using a bottle to injure someone may constitute a felony. I am still stuck on how in the world could the police arrest Jones without getting his side of the story and investigating it more if need be.

I'm not passing judgement. Just stating that it was apparently a punch.

Cincinnati Enquirer ‏@Cincienquirer 25m

City prosecutor: Adam 'Pacman' Jones was arrested for allegedly punching a female patron at a Downtown bar.

I understand Clyde, no ill will meant toward you.

Like I mentioned in my last post, what the female did could potentially constitute a felony so I am having a lot of trouble understanding why the police did what they unless the report I posted from PFT is grossly slanted in Jones' direction.

I guess he does now, in KY (and I realize this didn't happen in KY) using a bottle to injure someone may constitute a felony. I am still stuck on how in the world could the police arrest Jones without getting his side of the story and investigating it more if need be.

They only took accounts from the two women? Did I read that correctly? They didn't interview anyone else?