Lloyd - Top All-Time 3 Players

I am sure people more knowledgeable about Lloyd's history will have a better list. But to get this thread started, here are 3 players to consider.

1. Greg Kunkel - Starting offensive lineman in college at UK and had an NFL tryout.

2. Charles Johnson - WR who was drafted this year in the 7th round by the Green Bay Packers.

3. Mark Molitor - Starting QB on the 1976 undefeated state champion team considered one of the best teams ever in N. Ky. history. He played college baseball at Morehead.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Billy Lyon - led a team of 40 kids to the 1990 3A playoffs, knocking highlands (defending 3A champs) out of the playoffs. Lloyd hall of fame, Marshall hall of fame. 3 time all-American at Marshall university, 7 year nfl veteran.

2. Greg Kunkel - Starting offensive lineman in college at UK and had an NFL tryout.

3. Mark Molitor - Starting QB on the 1976 undefeated state champion team considered one of the best teams ever in N. Ky. history. He played college baseball at Morehead.

Jalani Brandon is probably 3 over molitor as far as top players to play at Lloyd. Johnson, might not make top 10. Rocky Asher, Brett Moses, devin pinkelton could make a case also.

How about four year QB starter Randy Lee. If you are looking at strictly high school performance. Jelani Brandon one of my favorite high school players to watch. Brad Quaktmeyer M.D. as an offensive lineman.

I believe you mean Botts brothers. :lol2:

Michael deserves consideration. He played at U of L.

Yes, I do mean the Botts brothers. What the heck was I thinking? Must still have some ringing in my head from them nailing me a few times.

Jelani Brandon was a game changer in the early 90's and a stud on the baseball field as well.

Kunkel went on to play at UK I believe.

Who was the QB that threw to Brandon back in the 90's? Tall dark haired kid, also a basketball player.

1. Billy Lyon - led a team of 40 kids to the 1990 3A playoffs, knocking highlands (defending 3A champs) out of the playoffs. Lloyd hall of fame, Marshall hall of fame. 3 time all-American at Marshall university, 7 year nfl veteran.

Good player.

Actually, a 6-yr NFL vet.

2. Greg Kunkel - Starting offensive lineman in college at UK and had an NFL tryout.

Jalani Brandon is probably 3 over molitor as far as top players to play at Lloyd. Johnson, might not make top 10. Rocky Asher, Brett Moses, devin pinkelton could make a case also.[/quote

1990 Season: 8-3

HHS 27 Corbin 14 W

HHS 7 Belfry 38 L

HHS 22 Dixie Heights 13 W

HHS 6 Campbell County 0 W

HHS 0 Covington Catholic 30 L

HHS 19 Newport Central Catholic 14 W

HHS 48 Simon Kenton 20 W

HHS 55 Newport 26 W

HHS 13 Conner 6 W

HHS 7 Erlanger Lloyd Memorial 17 L

HHS 26 Scott 14 W

That's interesting. I guess HHS and Scott must of played a friendly after HHS was eliminated from the playoffs. Just strange that a team would play an extra game. I did see that HHS beat NCC that year.

Jalani Brandon is probably 3 over molitor as far as top players to play at Lloyd. Johnson, might not make top 10. Rocky Asher, Brett Moses, devin pinkelton could make a case also.[/quote

1990 Season: 8-3

HHS 27 Corbin 14 W

HHS 7 Belfry 38 L

HHS 22 Dixie Heights 13 W

HHS 6 Campbell County 0 W

HHS 0 Covington Catholic 30 L

HHS 19 Newport Central Catholic 14 W

HHS 48 Simon Kenton 20 W

HHS 55 Newport 26 W

HHS 13 Conner 6 W

HHS 7 Erlanger Lloyd Memorial 17 L

HHS 26 Scott 14 W

That's interesting. I guess HHS and Scott must of played a friendly after HHS was eliminated from the playoffs. Just strange that a team would play an extra game. I did see that HHS beat NCC that year.

I don't remember how the playoffs worked in 90. Maybe they met again in the playoffs.