Scott County at Henry Clay Predictions 2/5

Which team will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

Scott County travels to Lexington tonight to face Henry Clay in a game that will finalize the regular season district standings. If Scott County wins, the district tournament matchups will be decided (Scott County vs. Sayre, Henry Clay vs. Bryan Station). If the Blue Devils claim victory, then it is a 3-way tie at the top that will be decided by some sort of tiebreaker at the district meeting.

The Cardinals defeated Henry Clay 89-86 in overtime in December and will need big nights from the guard tandem of Quin Richardson and Trent Gilbert to win on the road. Jalen Haddix, who had 18 points in the last meeting, is a question mark for tonight's game after injuring his shoulder against Franklin County and not playing Friday against Sayre.

Henry Clay comes into the game having lost three of its last four. Jordan Green leads the Devils at 14.9 points per game, followed by Christen Cunningham (12.3) and Trey Grundy (11.4).

Henry Clay's ability to guard in the half court and not give up easy looks to the Cardinals will determine the outcome of this one. Based on other results in this district so far this season, you almost have to assume Henry Clay wins and makes a mess of the situation.

Who you got and why?

Scott County travels to Lexington tonight to face Henry Clay in a game that will finalize the regular season district standings. If Scott County wins, the district tournament matchups will be decided (Scott County vs. Sayre, Henry Clay vs. Bryan Station). If the Blue Devils claim victory, then it is a 3-way tie at the top that will be decided by some sort of tiebreaker at the district meeting.

The Cardinals defeated Henry Clay 89-86 in overtime in December and will need big nights from the guard tandem of Quin Richardson and Trent Gilbert to win on the road. Jalen Haddix, who had 18 points in the last meeting, is a question mark for tonight's game after injuring his shoulder against Franklin County and not playing Friday against Sayre.

Henry Clay comes into the game having lost three of its last four. Jordan Green leads the Devils at 14.9 points per game, followed by Christen Cunningham (12.3) and Trey Grundy (11.4).

Henry Clay's ability to guard in the half court and not give up easy looks to the Cardinals will determine the outcome of this one. Based on other results in this district so far this season, you almost have to assume Henry Clay wins and makes a mess of the situation.

Who you got and why?

Nice assessment!

I like Henry Clay at home.

I think they win this one out of fear......that is, fear of having to play their nemesis, Bryan Station, in the first round of the district again. Henry Clay will guard the 3 point line and Scott County will have trouble getting to the rim with the Blue Devils tremendous length.

Go Devils!

Nice assessment!

I like Henry Clay at home.

I think they win this one out of fear......that is, fear of having to play their nemesis, Bryan Station, in the first round of the district again. Henry Clay will guard the 3 point line and Scott County will have trouble getting to the rim with the Blue Devils tremendous length.

Go Devils!

I disagree with this. My opinion is deep down (and they would never tell you this) the Henry Clay coaches would much rather face Bryan Station instead of Scott County in a one-game, loser goes home scenario in the first round of the district. Of course, having said that, if Henry Clay wins tonight, they have a 1 in 3 shot of getting the No. 1 seed and playing Sayre.

Looking forward to the results of this one. I'll take HC at home and Station gets the #1 seed by tiebreaker.

Wow, PP92 makes a prediction on the coin toss (and whatever method they use for the tiebreaker). May have to start a thread on that if Henry Clay wins tonight. :laugh:

I disagree with this. My opinion is deep down (and they would never tell you this) the Henry Clay coaches would much rather face Bryan Station instead of Scott County in a one-game, loser goes home scenario in the first round of the district. Of course, having said that, if Henry Clay wins tonight, they have a 1 in 3 shot of getting the No. 1 seed and playing Sayre.

Henry Clay would rather play Scott County in a first round district game.

It is interesting because this is a game of match ups. Henry Clay has the match up advantage over Scott County, but I think Bryan Station has the match up advantages over Henry Clay. Henry Clay’s length very much bothered the Scott County guards last night, but it is not an issue with Bryan Station. Also, since all of these players know each other very well, Bryan Station seems to hold a mental edge over Henry Clay. They certainly have no fear/respect for them and they play against the Blue Devils with extreme confidence.

Best case scenario for Henry Clay, play Sayre in the first round and then Scott County in round two.