22ft Academy?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks 22 is playing in a tourney in OH. Saw this on Twitter.

Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Rivals513

Niels Bunschoten, originally supposed to play at Scott County (KY), is suited up for 22 Ft Academy. 6'9 senior PF out of Netherlands.

Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Rivals513

22 Feet Academy, a new prep out of Kentucky, set to play Columbus Westerville North. Mykale McIntosh is a good 2013 for 22 Feet.

McIntosh played for a prep school in NC last year.

I small transcript issues.

These guys (mostly Canadians) were originally enrolled in Scott County High School. Taking classes and practicing there. They played games around the Midwest and also played Georgetown's JV a few times, I think. Up until the Christmas holiday they were a mainstay in the SCHS gym and at games. They have now relocated to Breathitt County High School along with Bunschoten, who was denied eligibility to play at SCHS this year.

So this is a prep school or an AAU team?

Its some type of Prep school. I heard last night that Breathitt no longer wanted them in their school, but the person never told me why so I wasn't sure. But there is no website or any other information on the team, the only thing I found was about their organization in Europe. On that page they don't have a staff or anything listed, just pics of where they say the players would stay. For the coach all it had was that it was a former NBA coach, nothing else.

I have yet to find anything on their team in KY, kind of odd someone doesn't have a website in this day in age.

Flyin' to the Hoop 2013 Schedule | Good Samaritan Flyin' To The Hoop Basketball Invitational

Looks like they played in the Flyin' to the Hoop in Dayton, OH. Definitely an interesting development, as that isn't the kind of tournament that teams just luck into. They must have some real talent.

Don't know how much effect this will have on Kentucky basketball though, they aren't a sanctioned team and won't be playing any in-state teams.

• 2 weeks later...

from what i have heard they have a good reputation for putting solid teams and prgrams together. they are organised and come with a large talent pool. got to speak to the ucla coach visiting and the morehead coach who was telling us that they are a new type of prep team. they are more a training institute whereby they get the players to go to school and do hard core training and advanced programs. its an elevated european program that crams basketball into players to quicken development. i saw a practice and some of the things these kids are doing is really high grade and NBA level. the coaches are hard on the kids and get the best out of them.....i was impressed that they could go that long.

they seem to have a pool of players that extends back as they got a 7ft 1 dutch kid coming and a 7ft 2 italian. the italian kid is just 17 and plays the 4 spot. it seems the guys at 22ft are open to talking as they want to develop regional centres in the usa.