What Exactly is This Coach Saying?

Ram

For those coaches in the Louisville area, do you remember when Commissioner Tackett stood up in a pre-season rules meeting, around the time Prop 20 was being discussed, and said that the problem with recruiting allegations is that everyone talked about them but no one reported them. He went on to say, I believe, that the state had hired “extra investigators” to look into these matters. Well, here is the update.

Now if you report an allegation it gets put into the pile of 140 “pending matters” and is dealt with whenever it “works its way to the top of the pile.”

As you some of you know, we have an excellent strength coach here at North Bullitt. I am hoping that this winter, if this situation gets cleared up, to have several gifted 8th grade athletes in neighboring counties come by and “try out” our program and see what our strength coach can do for them (TIC).

Thanks and best of luck to everyone in the playoffs this Friday.

Brett Newton

Head Football Coach

Asst. Athletic Director

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That there's approximately 139 violators in front of him?

Maybe, but what I really looked hard at, and really don't know why he sent the email is:

As you some of you know, we have an excellent strength coach here at North Bullitt. I am hoping that this winter, if this situation gets cleared up, to have several gifted 8th grade athletes in neighboring counties come by and “try out” our program and see what our strength coach can do for them (TIC).

I assume he is saying that tongue in cheek (TIC). With that in mind, it appears to me that Coach Newton is just taking a sarcastic shot at the lack of speed he is perceiving on the part of the KHSAA's extra investigators in dealing with those 140 reports of recruiting violations. I don't think it was meant to be taken at face value.

I assume he is saying that tongue in cheek (TIC). With that in mind, it appears to me that Coach Newton is just taking a sarcastic shot at the lack of speed he is perceiving on the part of the KHSAA's extra investigators in dealing with those 140 reports of recruiting violations. I don't think it was meant to be taken at face value.

Agreed. He seems to be giving commentary and probably taking a shot at others.

The key question here is who did he send that email to. If he sent it to other coaches, then it obviously is a sarcastic shot at .... the system, schools that are violators, perhaps a specific school? :idunno:

It was sent to the entire coaches list serve.

The key question here is who did he send that email to. If he sent it to other coaches, then it obviously is a sarcastic shot at .... the system, schools that are violators, perhaps a specific school? :idunno:

That probably came from the KY ListServ that coaches use to communicate.

That's exactly what I thought. I think he is taking a shot at the KHSAA about it being the second week of the playoffs and they have 140 violation complaints to be investigated.

Well of course it (selectively) matters. There are (selected) schools who are caught and punished each (selective) year. The KHSAA (selectively) enforces all the recruiting rules and punishes those violatiors (selectively) in a most timely (months or years) fashion.

Well of course it (selectively) matters. There are (selected) schools who are caught and punished each (selective) year. The KHSAA (selectively) enforces all the recruiting rules and punishes those violatiors (selectively) in a most timely (months or years) fashion.

:laugh: