Highland Heights man shot and killed by his girlfriend

Qryche11

This is a tragic event of a young man named Ryan Poston shot and killed by his girlfriend Shayna Hubers, from Lexington, KY.

I know the Poston family and they are extremely distrought over this so please Pray for them. Ryan recently passed both the Ohio and KY Bar exam and was a very bright young Man.

There are no motives at this time. I guess until the suspect Talks we will never know.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all over the news here in Central Ky as the young lady graduated from Dunbar. Very sad news. Prayers and angels for all those involved.

Apparently she shot him 7 times according to sources and that right there reflects she was enraged about something. Snapped !!!

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121013/NEWS/310130086/Women-held-death-Highland-Hts-man

Women held in death of Highland Hts. man

7:38 PM, Oct 13, 2012

Written by

Jason Williams

A Lexington woman has been arrested and charged with murder after police said she shot and killed her boyfriend in Highland Heights on Friday night.

Highland Heights police said Shayna Hubers, 21, shot Ryan Poston multiple times with a handgun inside his residence at 12 Meadow Lane. Police responded to the incident at around 9 p.m. Friday.

Poston, 29, died at the scene of multiple gunshot wounds, according to the police report.

Hubers was found at the scene and taken into custody. She is being held at the Campbell County Detention Center on $2 million bond.

Police are investigating a motive for the shooting.

Hubers is scheduled to appear in court Thursday. Kentucky’s courts are closed Monday due to furloughs of state workers.

Friends of murder suspect react to arrest

Posted: Sun 10:48 PM, Oct 14, 2012

Updated: Sun 11:49 PM, Oct 14, 2012

CAMPBELL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Police in Highland Heights say Shayna Hubers shot her boyfriend, 29-year-old Ryan Poston multiple times with a handgun inside his home Saturday night.

"Our prayers go out to her family," said one woman, who claimed Huber was a childhood friend. "And his family, too," added another friend.

The two women did not want to be identified, especially with so much happening to the 21-year-old Lexington woman now charged with murder.

"Somebody tweeted about it and we were just like "oh my gosh, we know her!" I don't know, I got goose bumps it was just weird," expressed one of the friends, still feeling the shock.

According to the Highland Heights Police Department, Hubers was found last night at the scene, and Poston was found dead inside.

"We're just shocked that it had to be one of our friends that we grew up with, and know. That's what we're left with know, that impression."

These friends say that's not the same girl they knew from Dunbar High School.

"I knew her. She was quiet, she was always smarter than we were, in AP classes. She's a sweet girl, didn't really talk a lot, but I never would've expected it coming from her, no."

Investigators say they have not discovered what the motive is but the one time U.K. student is being held on a $2-million bond for the crime.

"I can only imagine what her family is going through, it's just crazy," stated the friends.

WKYT reached out to the Hubers family, but they declined to comment.

Hubers is expected to appear in court, in Campbell County, on Thursday morning. Police say the case remains under investigation.

We want to make it clear that Ryan was trying to end this relationship; he was trying to move on with his life. Tragically, his life was taken from him. Justice must now be served."

Friend of a friend story - They saw him at a party a few weeks ago and asked how he was doing. He said great but trying to get rid of this crazy ex girlfriend.

Posted: Sun 10:48 PM, Oct 14, 2012

Updated: Sun 11:49 PM, Oct 14, 2012

CAMPBELL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Police in Highland Heights say Shayna Hubers shot her boyfriend, 29-year-old Ryan Poston multiple times with a handgun inside his home Saturday night.

"Our prayers go out to her family," said one woman, who claimed Huber was a childhood friend. "And his family, too," added another friend.

The two women did not want to be identified, especially with so much happening to the 21-year-old Lexington woman now charged with murder.

"Somebody tweeted about it and we were just like "oh my gosh, we know her!" I don't know, I got goose bumps it was just weird," expressed one of the friends, still feeling the shock.

According to the Highland Heights Police Department, Hubers was found last night at the scene, and Poston was found dead inside.

"We're just shocked that it had to be one of our friends that we grew up with, and know. That's what we're left with know, that impression."

These friends say that's not the same girl they knew from Dunbar High School.

"I knew her. She was quiet, she was always smarter than we were, in AP classes. She's a sweet girl, didn't really talk a lot, but I never would've expected it coming from her, no."

Investigators say they have not discovered what the motive is but the one time U.K. student is being held on a $2-million bond for the crime.

"I can only imagine what her family is going through, it's just crazy," stated the friends.

WKYT reached out to the Hubers family, but they declined to comment.

Hubers is expected to appear in court, in Campbell County, on Thursday morning. Police say the case remains under investigation.

I know that this says that they were friends, but they sure seemed only like classmates in the interview.