Highlands schedule in 2013

jbwill2

I know the guru will probably think this should be an off-season thread, but I can't wait! Highlands' schedule next year figures to be quite different than in 2011 and 2012, since it's my understanding a lot of 2-year contracts expire after this season. I have heard some talk that Highlands will be playing Paducah Tilghman and Campbell County in varsity football next year. Is this true? Also, have any other varsity games for Highlands been finalized for next year?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Highlands and Bowling Green would be quite an interesting matchup.. Im sure some BG folks would love to get shot at the Birds..

This BG alum living in Boyle County would love to see that game. Hopefully it could happen sometime in the future. It's safe to say neither team is ducking the other.

I think the Rafferty's Bowl hosted by Greenwood and WCentral ought to expand to a saturday and make it a 3 game event, and add BGreen to the mix.. I know the 2 year contracts with Mayfield and Trousdale Co are up, so, there would be an opportunity to bring in Highlands or Cov Cath to something like that. WCentral vs CCath, BG vs Highlands, throw in say Ryle or SK vs Greenwood and you'd have a WKy/NKy challenge type thing.. I like it..

I think the Rafferty's Bowl hosted by Greenwood and WCentral ought to expand to a saturday and make it a 3 game event, and add BGreen to the mix.. I know the 2 year contracts with Mayfield and Trousdale Co are up, so, there would be an opportunity to bring in Highlands or Cov Cath to something like that. WCentral vs CCath, BG vs Highlands, throw in say Ryle or SK vs Greenwood and you'd have a WKy/NKy challenge type thing.. I like it..

Bowling Green and either South Warren or Warren East host the Rafferty's Bowl at WKU and I believe the teams are set through 2014. I believe Mercer County and LexCath will be in it the next 2 years.

Warren Central and Greenwood hosted the Fruit of the Loom Rivals Bowl at Warren Central this season.