How Much Longer Will Dale Mueller Coach at Highlands?

nky_harry

Just read an article in Fort Thomas Matters blog that refers to Dale as "Co-Head Coach." Weinrich is the other Co-Head Coach. When did this happen? Is this old news that I missed? I have heard in the past that Weinrich is the heir apparent - is this the beginning of the transition?

Sorry if I'm just dredging up old news, but this is new to me.

Here's a link to the blog. I commented and got the answer from the author of the article. FORT THOMAS MATTERS: Highlands Dominates Cov Cath (with video highlights)

I think Dale Mueller will be head coach at Highlands as long he finds the job interesting and stimulating. I think the Co-Head Coach designation for Weinrich pretty much means that when Mueller retires as head coach, Weinrich will take the job. Maybe it also means that Weinrich gets paid more in order to keep him. I have no facts to back up any of this, it is just my opinion.

Couple of thoughts.

1. If Dale was to no longer coach, would he still stay on as AD at Highlands?

2. Kinda goes with #1, but would Dale feel it best when he does decided to hang it up, to get away completely from the program, in an effort to not be a henderance to the new coach?

I think Dale Mueller will be head coach at Highlands as long he finds the job interesting and stimulating. I think the Co-Head Coach designation for Weinrich pretty much means that when Mueller retires as head coach, Weinrich will take the job. Maybe it also means that Weinrich gets paid more in order to keep him. I have no facts to back up any of this, it is just my opinion.

Skyline is hiring! I think he will retire in 5 years.