Rankings: Kentucky boys Class of 2013

[h=1]Rankings: Kentucky boys Class of 2013[/h]Posted on June 29, 2012 by Jody Demling

Derek-Willis06111-164x300.jpgThe Class of 2013 has seen a bunch of changes in a year or so but the top two players remain the same.

It’s a solid class at the top but not too deep.

I’ve ranked the top 25 players and then listed a bunch of other guys that could be considered for the 20-25 range.

Honestly, after about 18 I had a really hard time sorting the guys out. A lot of similar players in the mix and a lot of guys that have room for major improvement this summer.

But here’s the listing:

1. Derek Willis, Bullitt East, 6-9, F – UK commit has struggled but is still the best player overall in the class. He’ll be just fine!

2. Darryl Hicks, Trinity, 6-4, G – Has five offers and that list should grow.

3. Dominique Hawkins, Madison Central, 6-0, G – Always the same type of production every game; he gets it done.

4. Jack Whitman, Lexington Catholic, 6-8, F – Has come a long way in a year. Has a ton of college interest at this time.

5. Lavonne Holland, Ballard, 6-2, G – Some might say too high, but he’s a player. And just can flat score the basketball.

6. Omar Prewitt, Montgomery County, 6-5, F – Big-time shooter getting stronger.

7. Rusty Troutman, Bullitt East, 6-4, G – Most underrated player in the class by some; gets overlooked a lot with Willis as a teammate.

8. Mike Smith, Paul Dunbar, 5-10, G – Scorer with a great feel for the game.

9. Taylor Gover, Pulaski County, 6-1, G – Talk about scorer. Can fill it up.

10. Dez Marshall, Collins, 6-4, G – Love his game; steady and skilled.

11. Demetrius McReynolds, Butler, 6-3, G

12. James Quick, Trinity, 6-1, G

13. Jordan Majors, Hopkinsville, 6-3, F

14. Nate McGovney, Campbell County, 6-3, G

15. Jordan Brangers, Eastern, 6-2, G

16. Logan O’Bryan, Daviess County, 6-2, G

17. Stuart Jackson, Central, 6-4, G

18. William Gary, Paul Dunbar, 6-3, G

19. Larry Morton, Bryan Station, 6-3, Sr.

20. Brandon Price, John Hardin, 5-9, G

21. Mason Monroe, Pendleton County, 5-11, G

22. Tanner Clark, Franklin-Simpson, 6-2, G

23. Darrius Brown, Paducah Tilghman, 6-5, F

24. Trey Rakes, Bullitt East, 5-10, G

25. David Levitch, North Oldham, 6-2, G

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Skaggs of Russell and Austin Hunt of Boyd County should both be on that list somewhere.

Can't believe Skaggs was ommitted. Big oversight based on what I've seen of him and guys on the list.

Can see Hunt not being on the list, as he missed last season. I think he's likely worthy of a spot, but he could be off a lot of radars (including Demling's) right now.

Overall I thought the 2014 list was pretty good. I think this one was a Caseyesque swing and a miss for several reasons.