Robbie Graham new girls basketball coach at GRC

It was made official today in the school library @3:00 that Robbie Graham will be the new girls coach at GRC. Congrats Coach Graham.

600 Robbie Graham makes a point after being introduced as girls basketball coach at George Rogers¿Clark High School Monday afternoon. Graham has spent the past seven seasons as assistant boys basketball coach at the school under Scott Humphrey. (James Mann/jmann@winchestersun.com / May 22, 2012)

Edited by gold sunrise

Good luck to these girls. I know Graham is a good coach, but not at all fair to Latham. He has done so much for this team that no one has even noticed for years. Latham deserved this more than any other candidate. But politics and the admin always rule......unfortunately that is life.

Just found this out, and totally dont care if get kicked off for this cause it's totally unethical and unprofessional by GRC admin!! Grahams daughter was told to text other players LAST WEEK that the press conference would be held today before any candidates knew. Other info also. Grounds for a discrimnation suit, but Latham is too good of a man to do that cause he actually cares about the girls. But someone else might. Just plain dispicable!!

Good luck to these girls. I know Graham is a good coach, but not at all fair to Latham. He has done so much for this team that no one has even noticed for years. Latham deserved this more than any other candidate. But politics and the admin always rule......unfortunately that is life.

I agree with greener pastures, loyalty anymore gets you no where. Its unfortunate, Coach Lathem has been in the GRC program for many years and was one of the finalist for this job, but in the end politics win and all the years that Lathem put in as an assistant gets him no where with the Lady Cardinals. Most assistant coaches stay in in hopes of getting their chance to lead a program and work their way up through the ranks such as Lathem in the middle school and at all levels of the high school. This unfortunately didn't happen to a good guy who was for the kids in Scott Lathem. Thumbs down to GRC and all that was involved in hiring a coach.

Graham takes over girls program at Clark

“I’m looking forward to this opportunity,” Graham said. “I’m very thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ. Without him, none of this would be possible. It was was a very difficult decision to leave (the boys program), but it was something I felt like I wanted to do and I’m very excited about the opportunity to run the girls program. Coach True did a great job, but I’m looking forward to stepping in and taking it to another level.”

As for a coaching staff, Graham “has some people in mind.”

“I’m going to go through the process and interview some people,” he said. “I want people who have the same passion that I have for the game (and these girls) and the game. If you can’t match my passion, then I can’t have you on my staff. We’re going to work hard, we’re going to scout, know our opponent and practice. This isn’t going to be about Robbie Graham. I want to people not working for me, but with me. When I finalize the staff, It will be people who care about these girls first and foremost, care about the school and program and people who have a passion for the game of basketball and work hard. I’m not going to settle for second-best. I’ve never been that way.”

Prep Basketball: Graham takes over girls program at Clark - centralkynews.com

I've never met Mr. Graham but by listening to parents of some students at GRC I think this is a super hire. I thought he would get the job all along because of his background.I watched him several times as a player at Fleming County and he was coaching years later. You don't find coaches very often that was the Player Graham was in High School and College. I say GRC is ready to be put back on the map as State Contenders.

Robbie Garaham was the best man for the Job in my opinion. Robbie was a standout basketball player in High School and will get the Cardinals back on the map to Bowling Green. He has a daughter who is the best point guard in the 10th region and with a little help from a supporting cast of players they will give Montgomery County a run for their money to cut down the nets. Clark County does it the right way and hires the best coaches possible thats why no other school has the tradition they have. I give this a A+ hire.