A word to the wise.....

nWo

Everyone should keep and eye on the weather early next week. While this weekend should be very nice with scattered showers for some next week we might be in for some severe weather. The system that will be in the middle of the country may make through to our area next week. There should be a massive severe weather event today in the mid section of the country. I look for PDS(Particularly Dangerous Situation) Watches to be issued for them.

The following are maps from the Storm Prediction Center for the midwest for Saturday.

day2otlk_0600.gif

day2probotlk_0600_any.gif

Here is the map for today. It seems that Western Kentucky and those along the Ohio River may see some rain and possible thunderstorms. Northern Kentucky may see much of the same tomorrow. As of now, nothing severe.

day1otlk_1200.gif

There should be a major tornado outbreak in the plain states tomorrow. We have a niece who live in Oklahoma so I've been monitoring the situation for her. It seems to be very serious situation tomorrow afternoon and evening for that area.

A tornado came close to hitting the Storm Prediction Center today in Norman, OK. They think it is going to be so serious that they have set up a back up office at Scott Air Force Base in East St. Louis, Ill. This is in case that the SPC gets hit by a tornado or has to be evacuated.

There should be a major tornado outbreak in the plain states tomorrow. We have a niece who live in Oklahoma so I've been monitoring the situation for her. It seems to be very serious situation tomorrow afternoon and evening for that area.

A tornado came close to hitting the Storm Prediction Center today in Norman, OK. They think it is going to be so serious that they have set up a back up office at Scott Air Force Base in East St. Louis, Ill. This is in case that the SPC gets hit by a tornado or has to be evacuated.

Aunt and Uncle in Oklahoma as well, Uncle is a preacher out there. Certainly going to be praying for those folks.

Aunt and Uncle in Oklahoma as well, Uncle is a preacher out there. Certainly going to be praying for those folks.

I will be praying for them also. I set up a warning announcement for my niece in Elk City and they had a couple of severe thunderstorm warnings last night no tornadoes yet. It appears that today will be quite eventful.

I just checked the latest model runs. As of now the models are showing the storms in Western Kentucky early Monday morning around daybreak. Still there are a couple of days between now and then and things could certainly change.

sportsfan41, contact your family in OK and let them know that, as I expected, the tornado watch just issued for Oklahoma is a PDS watch. That is the worst one and the NWS doesn't issued them lightly. It looks like it will be pretty bad in the mid section of the country this afternoon and into the evening.

Please pray for all of those affected.

What happened to our weather today, nWo? They said it would be sunny and into the 70's. It ended up showery and never got much out of the 50's.

In post #5, made yesterday morning, I had said that Northern Kentucky would probably see some rain and possible thunderstorms